“Great lunch fresh seafood”

Captain Kidds Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Captain Kidd's is a unique restaurant located in beautiful King Harbor in Redondo Beach, CA. With it's breath taking views and wonderful menu its sure to provide you with a great dining experience. Weather you're ordering off of our kitchen menu or selecting your cut of fish from the fish case you're sure to have a delicious meal. We are proud to offer the finest fish from both local and international waters delivered daily to our market. Enjoy a sunset dinner from our 3 patios. And our dog friendly outdoor patio!
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Great lunch at this seafood market that also has fish and shellfish prepared there for you to eat in. Had fish tacos and my travel partner had softshell crab fried I recommend the cole slaw as one of the sides to try

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Captain Kids is always the same. Smelly, busy and very good. The seafood is fresh - prepared after you order. Not fancy but really good and worth the hassle of parking and finding a place to sit and eat.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Captain Kidd’s based on a recommendation of a friend. The selection was sparse and the counter help not so much.
Quality Seafood on the south side of the pier had far more selection and the staff was over the top helpful.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stopped here on the way back from the boardwalk for a quick bite. There are a lot of options and I choose the lobster roll with rice and macaroni salad. The service was quick and pleasant. I took the food to go as the restaurant has a high seafood smell (which is to be expected as they sell fresh seafood). My lobster roll was disappointing. Maybe I am use to east coast lobster rolls because this lobster roll was very small and really lacked flavor. Hardly any lobster on the small bun. The macaroni salad was sadly inedible. It was warm, had a strong fish smell to it and tasted like it had been sitting out too long with the fish. It was overall disappointing. I would not say I would not go there again, I would just order everything differently.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and a friend were recommended by our tour guide in LA to eat here. We drove the 20 min from our hotel and we were glad that we took the short drive.
You have an option to choose off the menu or pick their fresh seafood and they will weigh it and prepare it anyway you want. We chose that option. I had the Mahi-Mahi fish tacos (fried) with rice and a cup of lobster bisque. My friend had the same with it grilled.
I instructed to have 2 tacos. I wound up getting enough fish for 4 tacos. I hated to waste it, but I just could not eat it all.
I’d recommend it to anyone if your going to be in this area. We sat and watched the sunset over the beach and what a sunset.