“Great price and place!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great price and place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We just stayed one night but the rooms were great and big. Amazing value and fantastic breakfast selection which is included! Waffle machine went down well with my group!

• Stayed January 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

In September my sisters and I stayed at this motel and found it excellent.Very nice room.Continental was just plain but adequate. Short walk to the beach and restrauants. Good parking underground. Would recomend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tipturkey
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed 2 nights here for a little weekend getaway. Located right around the corner from the Redondo Beach Pier where I was attending a concert at the Brixton. Nice basic room with all wood floors and a fridge, coffee pot, and microwave (amenities that cost extra at most places). The hotel sits atop its own little underground parking garage that is free. There is coffee, teabags, fruit, etc. in the main office and they serve a basic but decent breakfast in there as well. There is a jacuzzi but it was out of order the weekend I was there. The staff was friendly and overall I had a nice stay.

The only real negative I would say is it can be a bit noisy at times. The hotel sits around a courtyard where there is limited parking aside from the underground garage. All the rooms face out onto this parking area so depending on how noisy people or their kids are, you might get woken up much earlier than you want.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Scorpionwitch
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

After my long drive from az it was great to arrive to a welcoming smiling face. I stay here for 3 days it was wonderful. The front desk girl fullfilled all my requests she even came up to the room and helped me with getting my tv to work. The room was so nice and clean the first hotel i ever stayed in with wood flooring and it looked new . The hotel was kinda on the smaller side with underground parking but it was safe no complaint there they have video camera in the parking. This place was great the waffles were amazeing i just wish they had real orange juice instead on the orange drink they had but all in all for a free breakfast it was great. I enjoyed the location it was jus a couple blocks from the pier. The area see pretty safe i walked down to pier alone around 11 at night with no problems. I dont get some of these other reviews they are crazy. someone said something about having to walk up an alley way that was crazy their is no alley way at this hotel. The hotel is a bit old but u can see that they are definitly trying to upkeep and remodle everything. My room even had a flat screen tv with white beding a fridge microwave and coffee maker. the house keepers were really nice to they brought me towels and another pillow right away when i asked. overall my stay was geat i enjoyed getting to know the employees they were all pretty friendly. the front desk was very knowledgeable and gave us great directions to disneyland.

Room Tip: After my long drive from az it was great to arrive to a welcoming smiling face. I stay here for 3 da...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

The only pro of this "hotel" is that it is fairly close to the beach. Below is a list of cons that could be much longer but I don't have all day:

- The hotel is being remodeled and the workers are extremely noisy. I can't believe they actually made me pay for staying at a construction site.

- The wi-fi keeps dropping and is slow. The reception doesn't want to deal with this so the guests are given a "support" number. I had to call them about 10 times with problems during my 1-week stay and spent hours on hold.

- There is somethinig wrong with their key card system. Me and my wife had to get at least 12 different key cards over 1 week as we constantly got denied access to our room.

- Beware: We booked the trip through Expedia which doesn't allow you to specify smoking/non-smoking room. The hotel automatically assigned us to a smoking room, and, when we arrived, the hotel charged us $55 to switch to a non-smoking room. I think it's a shameless hidden fees tactic.

- The fridge in our room kept making terrible noise (like a really loud metronome). It was hard to fall asleep but we had perishables in the fridge so didn't want to turn it off.

- The microwave was from circa 1955, worked very poorly and exuded a frightening smell when used.

And on and on...... Hope this saves as many people as possible from a terrible experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple