“Huge and tasty burger”
Review of Baleen Kitchen

Baleen Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Baleen Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 300 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Harbor Drive
Description: BALEEN kitchen "One of the Top 10 Best Restaurants for Waterside Dining in LA" - ZAGAT. Nationally renowned for its light mood and serious food, the all-new BALEEN kitchen in Redondo Beach brings a fine dining experience to The Portofino Hotel & Marina. Enjoy dining outside on the patio overlooking the marina. The upstairs bar offers a cosmopolitan-lounge vibe, with fireside sofas and chairs. We are excited to announce that BALEEN kitchen & Lounge just completed a refresh... come and see us.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had seen a couple at lunch on the patio with these amazing burgers. We decided to go for dinner and give them a try. Turns out they are only on the lunch menu, but they were nice enough to make them for us anyways. They were very tasty and our Mojitos where great. A little pricy at $60 for 2 burgers and 2 drinks, but very good.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife had the chicken and I had the salmon. Both were very nice. We shared a nice antipasto plate, but I made the mistake of ordering the wedge salad which was far too big for me to finish.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Right at the Marina with a great view of the boats. Very friendly service, attentive. Nice lacation. Not touristy. Relaxed and distinguished.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

From start to finish, the greeting, service and attention to detail was excellent. The food itself was worth eating all over again, such was it's flavour and simplicity.

I visited after checking into the hotel next door, hungry and tired. I sampled three Cannonball Run IPA's and ordered a Baleen slider and truffle fries. The slider was tasty but in reality I should have ordered a second. But then the truffle fries got inhaled, and I quickly forgot about ordering a second slider. They more than fed my ample demands.

The setting was beautiful, overlooking the marina. The soundtrack of boats gently swaying off jettys and ropes tilting off boat's sails was a finer tune than that of a baseball game playing on a TV in the corner that no one was watching.

I would highly recommend coming to Baleen and sitting on the left of the top of the stairs. There you can be alone with the elements, enjoy good food, drink and the view beneath.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

High priced. So-so service. So-so menu. The food is acceptable, but probably not worth the price. So do you get what you pay for???? Not really.