“Average seafood and overpriced”

Pacific Fish Center & Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 322 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Good location but overpriced seafood. Poor preparation and slow service.

No comparison to San Francisco.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Full, vibrant and noisy when I wandered by. I usually avoid the touristy places but this one attracted me as it was really more frequented than the other seafood restaurants in the pier area. With such a turnover, must have been all fresh as well. I tried the Korean clam & tofu soup by curiosity and could add my own spicy touch to meet my taste. A large portion that would easily feed 2 but it's all sane eating in contrast with the junk food fair around. Above all, what I preferred is to observe family and friends parties breaking crabs (jealous!) and sipping soups with a nice sunset on the pier. Realized after a long while that I was the only non Asian customer. Quite expensive I felt but maybe freshness and seafood justify. Redondo is a popular beach vs the other famous spots on the coast and so is this restaurant, worth the cultural deep dive.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Lol. OK, so I'm on the pier at Redondo Beach California...

Hungry (of course), I look for the seafood place everybody seems to want to eat, but isnt flashy...

Yeah, I found it... PACIFIC FISH MARKET

CRAZY Korean seafood place right on the south side of the pier... Long but fast line, wood mallets to break the shells, totally assembly line approach to great food, only one or two people even speak English... PERFECT!!

Just ordered a BIG (spendy) lobster and DESTROYED IT!... mine was steamed, although the majority of the ones I've seen go by were eaten sashimi style...

Simple, no frills, perfectly prepared...

Yep, I'll be back! (In my best Governator voice!)

1  Thank MotivationMan
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We went here for lunch yesterday. We've been going to this restaurant for 20+ years. It's our favorite "Korean" seafood restaurant. Yesterday we had the steamed clams, steamed baby octopus, fried calamari, the sashimi platter, steamed Dungeness crab and the spicy fish stew (we were a large group).

The spicy fish stew is absolutely the best in town. There is no close 2nd place.

All the other foods were very good. It tastes even better given you're on the pier with views of the ocean.

The decor is nothing to write home about and the service is okay but not great (think typical Korean restaurant service).

The biggest negative is the price. It is expensive when you consider most of the food you can make at home (steamed crabs, clams and octopus are very easy to make and you can make at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost) but there is something to be said for eating seafood in a setting next to the ocean.

Look forward to the next time there!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Had my tourist crab lunch today finally! We brought our own homemade Shanghai hairy crab sauce, excellent, it would be boring and plain without it. We know we can't eat butter and sweet chilli sauce at all! Our Favourite is the seafood tofu soup :) <3 staff were busy, efficient but not really smiling :) plastic plates and cutlery, made experience a lot less remarkable! Not sure why, food is not cheap for American standard, why has to use everything plastic? It's really not easy to eat she'll seafood with plastic cutlery. We paid the same cost as if we would go to a glamour restaurant and we still paid tip here too. It's a tourist place, but a good one.