“It's a Raw Bar Buffet”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We have visited Quality Seafood on the Redondo Pier several times. Used to be you could picnic there by bringing sides and condiments to supplement your seafood picked and cooked on the pier. We always went for Dungeness crabs as we can get Blue Crabs pretty much year round in FL. We used to bring Sticky Rice, sushi, Hawaiian potato salad and other side dishes to eat with the fresh crab. Now there are signs that discourage "bringing your own" but nevertheless its still a fun time. My wife and I were there for a quick lunch and decided to split a Dungeness and a Lobster Roll. We asked the counter person if the Lobster Roll was made with Mayo or just soaked in butter and placed on a roll CT Style. She indicated that it was a butter mass of lobster in the the toasted roll. Alas, there was disappointment as it came out "Lobster Salad" style heavy with mayo, celery and cilantro. The quality was good, but not what we were after. The crab was delicious. Sweet meat and it pulled right out of the shell. We didn't even use the drawn butter supplied with it. We ate every last morsel of crab and spent a little more time at lunch than we expected, but it was certainly worth it. One word of caution...because of the layout you can wind up ordering a lot more seafood than you expected to. My advice would be to order in small batches so that you eat it fresh out of the steamer or deep fryer. Prices are in line with the area, but a Dungeness whole crab can run as much as $25+ each. Add some drinks and other seafood and it can climb in price...

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Fresh seafood to order! I am from South Jersey and couldn't get enough of the fresh selection. We had mussels and clams that were huge! We ordered 2lbs total that they steamed in an industrial steamer for free in a white wine garlic sauce. Delicious! The other section has fried food and soup. They ran out of a lot early on a Saturday night around dinner. I did enjoy their lobster bisque.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Yes, the seafood looks good on ice, and honestly, the fried selections would have been my choice had I known what I know now. I grew up in the Boston area, so whenever someone asks if I'd like fresh seafood, I'm very interested. Add my new-found fascination with poke salads (raw fish or octopus with spices, sesame seeds, and sesame oil) and I'm excited, especially when there are several types. Plus several types of ceviche! I was going to get the salmon poke salad (my husband selected that one), and I'm glad I didn't. There were way too many green onions for my taste. I wanted something more unusual, so I chose the snapper poke. Way too much sesame oil, to the point of feeling slimy in my mouth. I eat sushi whenever I can: poke, sashimi, nigiri, I love it all. This made me feel instant regret. Would I go back? We went with family, so if they want to go, I'm doing something incredibly deep fried, maybe twice fried, or I'll just drink moscato and eat fries. Raw seafood again? Not there, thank you. I've experienced seasickness before.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Lots of variety in fish products- live lobster, crabs etc. You pick the catch and then they cook it to your liking. Busy place with outdoor seating and a fish-market flavour- if you are ok with that! Alcoholic beverages are available.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I like this for their amazing selection of clams and oysters. I get a half dozen oysters on the half shell to eat there and take home some clams or crabs to cook. Outdoor eating only, beer and wine. Best on a weekday as weekends with great weather it gets hard to find a table. But surely a unique find.