“Authentic”

Ranked #61 of 256 Restaurants in Redlands
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Be brave and go omakase! Very traditional. Skip the Americanized sushi served by all you can eat sushi bars run by non Japanese. The best and most unique sushi and sashimi. I have spent hundreds of dollars for sushi in some of the most well known places and Kimo tops them all.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

I ordered lunch for takeout, I was in a bit of a hurry bue to 30 min. lunch. I got my food fast, looked in the bag but they had everything I needed, and gave me the bag with a smile. Food was delicious, warm and reasonable price.
I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

As far as we know, this is the only 100% Japanese cuisine in Inland Empire. Except for serving of miso soup at the beginning of a meal as in the West. Fish is fresh. Rice quality is good. Don't expect Americanized sushi variety.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Kimo is one of my favorite places to eat. It's small and nicely decorated. It's very quiet and rather elegant. I often go here for lunch with friends. We generally order lunch specials preceded by a few appetizers. I like the way the specials are organized, choice of one item from A, B, or C with miso soup, rice and salad. The salad is excellent! The combo I order is $13.00, the most expensive. I like to get both rolls and sashimi. One of my friends swears by the teriyaki salmon, another by the calamari. They serve beer, sake and limited wine. We always come away perfectly full and very pleased with our food choices.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

The menu offers a number of choices, so everyone in our family can always find something they like. The menu is extensive, and they offer specials every day. People who run this place are friendly and efficient. We like to go here in spite of the fact that they sometimes have a B rating. It does not seem to affect the cleanliness - excellent - of the place or the quality of the food.