“Great pizza and salad - Chicago style”
Review of Romano's

Romano's
Ranked #26 of 260 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If we’d known how big the Antipasto salad was, and how much meat was included, we wouldn’t have ordered the Calzone. But we did and both were delightful to share. It was so much food that we couldn’t finish either dish.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Romans in downtown Redlands is really two experiences under one roof. On the ground floor, is the casual dining and bar area. With its separate menu, this dining area serves Italian styled comfort foods is a relaxed and casual atmosphere. The wait staff are quick and efficient and the food is very good. On the second floor, they offer a fine dining experience. With its separate menu, the offerings are traditional with lots of very tasty pasta and meat dishes served along with very good sauces. I can highly recommend Romanos.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Went to this restaurant when they opened a few years ago, and they were still cutting their teeth as far as trying to get things in order. Just went back for the second time this last Sunday for lunch and was impressed with what we saw. First of all, the Bar area is for 21 and older! What a concept....keep the little kids out of the way of some adults that don't want to be bothered with them running all over while the parents don't monitor them! So that was the best part of the day. I think they may have been short handed this day, as it took about 30 minutes to get our food (hot dogs and a salad). I had the 2 Chicago dogs, and was very happy. Wife had a buffalo salad, but was not impressed. Loved the beer selection, however I think the bartender was sick that day, as he was coughing while behind the bar. Not that he was coughing on or into the glasses, but just knowing that he was not well and handling the glasses was kind of concerning. My wife got a glass of wine, but had to send it back because it still had someone's lipstick (or at least their prints) on the rim of the glass. They were very nice and apologetic about the issues, but still does not really impress.
We will be back again, and wife will try something different. I hope that it is a little better experience next time, and I will give it 4 stars.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is one of my favorite Restaurants in Redlands. The food is always great! The variety on the menu is awesome. The ambiance and decor reflect the love the owner Gary Romano has for his hometown of Chicago. His pizzas are prepared and cut Chicago Style. Try his deep dish, or for thin crust order the Quatro Formagio, and add artichokes....its amazing. One of the things I love about this restaurant is if you feel like getting away from the Pizzeria/ bar scene of the downstairs, you can choose upstairs dinning instead. The menu is a little more upscale while maintaining reasonable prices! There are private dining rooms that can be booked for smaller more intimate parties. We have even booked the "Mafia Room" for our teenagers before their winter formal, and everyone took great care of them even though they were young High School Students. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Would not take our reservations for dinner unless we had 10 or more people in our party. Ridiculous!

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Romano's? Share your experiences!