See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

This was my second night in a row with a Motel 6. The first one in Oregon. It had been updated and was a fair bargain. This was not the case with this one. The room was worn. Bathroom was clean and air conditioner worked well. Typical small Motel 6 sized room---tight with four of us. Very noisy across the street---bar was having karaoke night and the music and singers could be heard very clearly from inside our room. The bar noise was not the hotel's fault, but the area had a shady feel.

Stayed: July 2015
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Redding Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you describe while staying at our location. Please know the issue you experienced is an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service concerns you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Worst hotel ever! Better cheap hotel options in Redding,Ca. Room was filthy, carpets were not vacuumed, garbage underneath the bed, sheets were not changed(black hair on bed and sheets were wrinkled FYI I have blonde hair). Stayed 2 nights and housekeeping didn't not visit either room I reserved. Room keys didn't work on the second day because the hotel housekeeper acting as the hotel receptionist didn't register the keys for two nights just one. I payed for premium Internet $5 and it didn't work half the time! And to top it off Staff was very rude, unprofessional, and shouldn't be working in hospitality. The night we checked in the housekeeper/receptionist was brand new and lacked some serious people skills. The management did very little. The second receptionist was extremely rude and argumentative. When I came to get my room key registered again she was talking on the phone to her friend and took her time as I stood there waiting for her to finish. As I begin to explain the problem she interrupted me and became snotty with me. She informed she had only been working there 4 days however she thought she knew it all. This women shouldn't be allowed to work with customers. We stayed from June 28th-30th 2015 and I gotta say I will never stay at this establishment again nor another motel 6 again, no matter how cheap the rooms are. So my recommendation to the manager would fire the evening receptionist, train new staff correctly, and hire housekeeping who will actually enter the room and clean it. -Tabitha/Nick/Amanda

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Redding Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Besides the freeway being your back/front door, it's pretty nice. Stayed for one night while driving to Oregon. Very convenient, close to everything, easy to find, and easy to jump on the freeway! I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Free Wi-fi
Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kensey H
Reviewed 4 April 2015

We were passing through and stayed here with our family, including the dog. It was comfortable and updated. Wood floors (laminate) we liked and the T.V, sink, counters and colors were all updated. Bed was comfortable for motel 6 standards actually. A con for us was the Internet cost extra and parking was limited. You will want to upgrade to the faster Internet for $4.99, instead of their basic Internet for $2.99 if you want be able to open attachments from email or use maps or videos etc, we had no issues with the faster internet, but you can also only use ONE device with it at a time I noticed, that makes me feel nickel and dimed honestly, which is a turn off for me when I just paid $5 for Internet for about a 10 hr stay! However, rooms were clean, they accept pets, rates are low, checkout is noon and it's close to anything you'll need, like freeway, restaurants and downtown too. So it's a good deal all in all.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 862taran
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Floors look like they hadn't been vacuumed in about a week, TV looked like it was new in the 80"s, place needs a facelift. Night manager was very rude and not what you might call friendly at all. Will not stay here again. And what's up with needing ID from all adults staying in room, we have stayed in much nicer places that only required the ID from the person paying for room. Thank goodness this does not represent all Motel 6 hotels.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple