See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Worst hotel ever! Better cheap hotel options in Redding,Ca. Room was filthy, carpets were not vacuumed, garbage underneath the bed, sheets were not changed(black hair on bed and sheets were wrinkled FYI I have blonde hair). Stayed 2 nights and housekeeping didn't not visit either room I reserved. Room keys didn't work on the second day because the hotel housekeeper acting as the hotel receptionist didn't register the keys for two nights just one. I payed for premium Internet $5 and it didn't work half the time! And to top it off Staff was very rude, unprofessional, and shouldn't be working in hospitality. The night we checked in the housekeeper/receptionist was brand new and lacked some serious people skills. The management did very little. The second receptionist was extremely rude and argumentative. When I came to get my room key registered again she was talking on the phone to her friend and took her time as I stood there waiting for her to finish. As I begin to explain the problem she interrupted me and became snotty with me. She informed she had only been working there 4 days however she thought she knew it all. This women shouldn't be allowed to work with customers. We stayed from June 28th-30th 2015 and I gotta say I will never stay at this establishment again nor another motel 6 again, no matter how cheap the rooms are. So my recommendation to the manager would fire the evening receptionist, train new staff correctly, and hire housekeeping who will actually enter the room and clean it. -Tabitha/Nick/Amanda

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Redding Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Besides the freeway being your back/front door, it's pretty nice. Stayed for one night while driving to Oregon. Very convenient, close to everything, easy to find, and easy to jump on the freeway! I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Free Wi-fi
Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kensey H
Reviewed 4 April 2015

We were passing through and stayed here with our family, including the dog. It was comfortable and updated. Wood floors (laminate) we liked and the T.V, sink, counters and colors were all updated. Bed was comfortable for motel 6 standards actually. A con for us was the Internet cost extra and parking was limited. You will want to upgrade to the faster Internet for $4.99, instead of their basic Internet for $2.99 if you want be able to open attachments from email or use maps or videos etc, we had no issues with the faster internet, but you can also only use ONE device with it at a time I noticed, that makes me feel nickel and dimed honestly, which is a turn off for me when I just paid $5 for Internet for about a 10 hr stay! However, rooms were clean, they accept pets, rates are low, checkout is noon and it's close to anything you'll need, like freeway, restaurants and downtown too. So it's a good deal all in all.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 862taran
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Floors look like they hadn't been vacuumed in about a week, TV looked like it was new in the 80"s, place needs a facelift. Night manager was very rude and not what you might call friendly at all. Will not stay here again. And what's up with needing ID from all adults staying in room, we have stayed in much nicer places that only required the ID from the person paying for room. Thank goodness this does not represent all Motel 6 hotels.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 904johni
Reviewed 15 January 2015

All and all, this is a pretty good value.

But my major beef is with the internet. These days the internet should be free and baked into the price. It makes about as much sense to charge for internet as it does for a hot shower or a power outlet. And this and most other Motel 6s not only charge $2.99 for the basic internet but have the moxie to charge $4.99 for "super high speed" internet. Hey, after being a sap and paying $4.99 I wasn't even able to watch my favorite cat vidoes without enduring 2 hours of bufferings. If that is "high speed" then I'm Morris The Cat.

One more gripe. Why can't Motel 6 put down a few dollars for cheap microwaves and refigerators? But I guess that is too much to ask from a chain that - until just a few decades ago - had TVs that required quarters. In my head I can hear my grandchildren now recalling the ol' Motel 6 days when they had to pay for internet.

Like I say, pretty much a good deal at $39 on weekdays. But, come on, Motel 6, move on into the 21st century.

Room Tip: Pick a room or park near the office unless you want your car stolen by the Meth-Heads in Redding.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo