Just returned from two nights in Rancho Mirage for a reunion of family and friends. Rancho Las Palmas was the perfect place to stay, and what a change from NYC! The large property maintains an intimate feel, right from the start. It's classic hacienda style architecture, with a burst of color in the plentiful flower beds and along the grass edging everywhere. There are too many tall palm trees to count. The hotel shop has a great selection of clothing, jewelry, name tees and blinged up accessories, perfect for making your desert wear glam. Prices weren't too bad, compared to other hotel shops. The pool area is great for adults AND kids. The lazy river and rock slide kept many a youngster floating along happily on their inner tubes. But there's also an adjacent large pool around which mostly adults were lounging on the bright blue cushioned chaises. The bluEmber Lounge was a fantastic place to grab cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before dinner both nights. The setting is gorgeous, with live music playing just loud enough to be enjoyed without drowning out your conversations. Again, the gorgeous flowers plentifully planted around the private sitting areas made everything appear happy and bright. Twinkling lights adorn the trees, and after sundown the outdoor lounge has a magical quality to it. The rooms are fine. They do the job. Great for families. Ours had two double beds, which were very comfortable. Lacking in anything extraordinary, if you are looking for cozy and romantic. But, everything is well laid out and there is a lot of space. Our carpet had a spot or two, but nothing too distracting. Bathroom is functional and clean, with an extra side counter and a makeup mirror, if you want to throw on some bronzer to mix in with local residents who seem perpetually tanned from the southern California sunshine. (PS - if you're heading to an event, Ava in the Spa Salon styled my hair as well as any New York stylist I've used! Really talented!) Plenty of closet and drawer space. Housekeeping was prompt and very courteous and thorough. All in all.. a great place to hang out and enjoy the desert. My family and I will return!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert