“Almost had a problem, but nice place”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was so close to give a bad write up when I arrived at this Resort. Despite reservations planned several months in advance, they put us in a room with double beds instead of a king sized bed. when I called the front desk, they merely apologized and said nothing could be done. I explained the problem again, they merely apologized again. I'm not one to ever complain. We spent so much money here. So I explained the problem for a third time. Eventually, we were switched to a room with a king sized bed. impressions: Clean rooms and bathrooms, great bed, and nice patio.

The grounds are nice as well w/ a childrens pool, adult pool, and secret pool for spa guests. The gym is well equipped but does not have the greatest atmosphere. The TVs on the treadmills don't work consistently. Service at the pool and spa were good. I didn't play golf or eat at the resort.

Resort was located across the street from a mall with restaurants and shops.

I don't know if we would stay again if we didn't get a special rate because there are so many other options. I would give it a Very Good +. or an Excellent -- (minus)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EuroShiro

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This facility had it all, 25 tennis courts, very reasonable to rent a court and 3 9-hole golf courses. Very reasonable to play esp if you golf in the afternoon. The resort was very clean and the 3 pool areas offered something for everyone. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Unlesss you have small children don't stay near the pool areas. Some rooms facing on to the gol...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a relaxing fun stay! The grounds are beautiful and the staff so friendly. I loved the huevos rancheros at the blu grill. Yum!
The adult section is completely separate from the splash topia. This was great for us because we don't have kids. We were at the adult pool with cocktails and serenity. Just lovely! Golf was so much fun! There are 3 nine hole courses. We played the South. The course was lush and beautiful. Best of all, not crowded.
We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was a business trip full of meetings and obligatory dinners.
The location and accommodations of this resort made the trip worth every minute out of a conference room.
The staff was helpful and willing to service at your request, the rooms were clean and well maintained.
The pool areas were clean and very attractive for families and adults.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Splashtopia was by far the biggest hit with the kids!! What a fun activity. The water was warm and extremely clean. I loved that there were 5 lifeguards on duty at all times. The rooms were also very clean. My only complaint about the room would be the limited sitting area. We ordered room service and couldn't all sit together since the patio had only 2 chairs and a very small table. I had to hold my plate on my lap using the desk chair from inside the room. Also, I thought the Sunday brunch was WAY overpriced for only breakfast items. There were no pasta selections or salads and the food was marginal at best. Other than that, this was a great resort and I would stay again (but skip the brunch).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
10.8 km away
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Rancho Mirage

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Address: 41000 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92270-4416
Region: United States > California > California Desert > Greater Palm Springs > Rancho Mirage
#2 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#2 Spa Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#2 Business Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#3 Luxury Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#3 Romantic Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Price Range: $283 - $648 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage