“Not what we expected”

The Edge Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Edge Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 107 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Description: Experience a charming night out at The Edge Steakhouse located in The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage. The Edge Steakhouse offers remarkable views and a menu with prime steak, seafood and craft cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

They are very friendly on the face of it, but service feels rather standardized and not personal.
Portions were huge and food expensive, but quality not impressive. I’ve had way better steaks for far less.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The premier restaurant on site at the Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage, this upscale restaurant provides a steak and seafood based menu overlooking the mountains. Everything we ordered was done to perfection, but this comes at a cost. For example, an 8oz filet is $70, and some menu items are $100+. Since the menu is somewhat limited, this is not an ideal place to bring children. But, if you are looking for a wonderful fine dining experience with a great view (and can stomach the high prices) this is the place. Request a booth along the window if you can, it just makes the experience that much better.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined at the Edge for our first time, we were greeted by the cheerful hostess who seated us at a lovely table with a view of the exhibition kitchen. It’s is amazing to watch the chefs perform in such a seamless manner. Service there made us feel spoiled. The manager brought us a celebrational glass of champagne, our food was exceptional - this is a must see.
Well done! We will be back!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I have been to a lot of steak restaurants in all parts of the country, but this is by far and away the best steak restaurant I have ever been to - even though I had a veal chop! I think I love this place so much because my veal chop with the best veal chop I have ever had. Moreover, the food here is not overly salty so you won't wake up at night dying of thirst. My husband said his steak was excellent also. Menu also includes seafood and non-steak items. Side dishes are great - the mini potatoes are excellent. Wine by the glass is very expensive. Service was excellent and so was the view. We did not have a reservation but since we were early we were able to be seated. However, I would highly recomment that you make a reservation.

1  Thank Emily M
Reviewed 27 February 2018

You need a reservation, we didn't have one so we were able to get sitting at the bar. Awesome food--
we have the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly!! also had the cauliflower with smoked gouda cheese that was sooooo good!!