“Good sashimi”
Review of Omokase

Omokase
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our group ordered a mix of Japanese and Chinese food. The Sashimi was excellent, the sushi very good and the Vegetable Tempura also excellent. The Tempura batter was light and cooked just right. The Sashimi was real fresh, you could really taste the ocean in the Tuna and Salmon. The Salmon cooked in soy sauce and garlic was overcooked thus very dry. The scallops were small but cooked right to perfection. Yakisoba with chicken was delicious.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I'm pretty torn about this review. I've been getting takeout sushi from here for a while and it's always been pretty decent. I'd give them a 3.5 stars for my takeout experience.

For dine in, I'd give them 1 star... so I'm averaging my review to a 2 star.

We arrived around 2pm on a Saturday and the place was empty. Maybe three other tables. We were seated promptly. Our server came by and took our drink order. He seemed like he was new. Drinks arrived and we ordered.

Masago California Rolls - basically a cali roll, rolled in masago. I always get this as takeout, and have never been charged for masago. But the server came back to our table letting me know it would be an extra $7 to add masago... really? Masago is the cheapest fish egg on the market. And $7? Really? Ok.

Crunch Roll - just a cali roll, with shrimp tempura inside, and panko bread crumbs on top of the roll. This was pretty good. But this roll was HUGE. Almost not in a good way. There was so much filling inside, and the diameter of each slice was ridiculous. I feel like the size should be able to be consumed in one bite... but not these. We had to literally SHOVEL bites into our mouths. A few times we had to take multiple messy bites. No bueno.

Rainbow Crunch Roll - same as the crunch roll but topped with raw fish (tuna and salmon). Same issues... too big. The fish slices on top were super thick. Awkward to eat. Had to basically disassemble the whole roll to eat it.

The service... was the WORST. Our server didnt check on us at all. When we were done eating we couldn't find our server ANYWHERE. Other servers just kept walking by us... I finally had to RAISE MY HAND like I was in class trying to get my teachers attention. Lol. It was so ridiculous. Someone finally came and asked if we were ready to pay. Yes...

Got the bill quickly, and we waited and waited for another 10 minutes for them to pick up our bill. Again, I had to wave the check around in the air like an idiot. Because they kept just walking past our table. I was so annoyed by this point.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Huge, thick slices of sushi & sashimi. Everything fresh, well-prepared, and well above average - all the way down to the cucumber salad. Great service too. Will return.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

You want a great Sushi experience? You want to try Sushi for first time? Omokase your best bet, great fresh sushi made right before your eyes, friendly staff, great environment, decent price, happy experience guaranteed.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

This has become a must stop for dinner when I'm in the Rancho area. The quality, texture and flavor of their sashimi is second to none. Love their rolls as well. Portions are very generous and I always end up ordering too much food. In addition to great food their service is very friendly and fast. I can't wait to come back again.