“Family dinner”
Review of Paris Pastries

Paris Pastries
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent customer service and quality is outstanding! We went with a party of 12 yesterday and the food, pastries, fellowship. . . the best.
Very nice server, the owner came out to check on us.
Absolutely will recommend it for everyone looking for a classy café experience

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Very tasty but very pricey. Walked in for an after-dinner treat, and two items cost more than a dinner plate at the restaurant we left, although one item would be more than a meal deal at most fast food locations. Don't think we have become a fan of this place. However, there are probably a lot of people who don't care about pricing. Oh, well, have fun.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Wow this place had every type of pastry you could think of or want! A little pricey, but the quality was good. Great place to appease your sweet tooth craving!

Reviewed 7 April 2017

There are so many so-called French bakeries out there and when they claim to be...there's a certain expectation (especially if you've visited Paris before).

I had the opportunity to speak with the owner Vi and get to know a little bit more about his background. Vi is of Vietnamese decent but lived in France for nearly 40 years. (He is the one who wears glasses.) If you speak French, you will get the opportunity to converse with him in French! Unfortunately for me, the 7 years I studied French as a child didn't really quite sink in towards adulthood (LOL), but I tried.

It took nearly a year for him to finally open his own cafe/bakery (right next to Omokase).
I flat out asked him why he chose Rancho Cucamonga (of all places) and it so happens that his brother lives here and told him that this is a wonderful city.

They are still trying to finalize the menu options (especially the entrees) so you'll see it changing. Some of the dishes take a long time to make so is one of the reasons they removed it from the menu. If you've ever eaten in Europe, everyone takes their times and a meal experience is long compared to here in California where everyone is in a rush!

Vi's wife is actually the one preparing the entree dishes and she also makes the quiche, macarons, creme brulee and many of the items you see on display! His wife is also responsible for the lovely interior's design. Vi has two French chefs working for him as well. One is a French pastry chef (mostly in charge of the delicate cakes etc.) while the other is a baker who makes all the breads, croissants etc.

Vi, his wife and children now all reside in Rancho Cucamonga so when you step in, you're really supporting a family who took a chance and are now part of the Rancho Cucamonga community. I've been here multiple times already and tried their peach smoothie, orange julius, macarons, croissant aux amandes, Strawberry Fraisier, Opera (chocolate cake), and creme brulee. Most of the items are around the $5.00 mark (some less, some more like the Quiche).

Prices (subject to change)

Coffee drinks $3.30-3.80
Plates/Crepes/Sandwich $7-12
Baked goods/croissants/Slice of Flan $3.50
Fraisier, Opera (slice) $5.50
Eclairs/Tarts/Tiramisu Just under $5.00
Specialty Pastries (e.g. Valentine's Macaron Pastry $7.00+)
If you buy multiple items, then the prices will be a bit lower. (e.g. buy 1, versus buying 4 of something)

Personally, even though they're delicious some of the pastries are a bit too rich for me (not too sweet, but just rich). It will be good to have with a cup of coffee or tea and eat slowly LOL.

RECOMMENDATIONS for first-timers: Chocolate & Almond Croissants, Fraisier (strawberry cake), quiche, macarons, Opera cake or chocolate mousse for chocolate lovers

Note that they don't offer and gluten free or vegan options here; just authentic French pastries. They stick with what they know and don't alter the recipes. According to the owner, if you take out any of the ingredients (milk, butter eggs) or use alternate flours, it's just not the same.

There's also an outdoor patio with plenty of seating.

Either way, everything is a real treat. Very happy to have this French family and chefs right here in Rancho Cucamonga. There are still a lot of things I need to try and they come up with new desserts!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Hit here on a Saturday morning, 'bout 10 a.m. and they had plenty of selections. Yes prices are a little steep, but this is not a doughnut shop. Nor is it a Bread Bakery that happens to make some pastries on the side.

Pastries of many sorts sold here, I had a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. I got two apricot mini-tarts, a puff pastry raisin thing (Pain au Raisin?), two apple-puff pastry turnovers (they call 'em somthing in French that I cannot remember), a Paris-something almond something pastry.

There was lots of stuff with chocolate that I did not try this time. Light lunches are served here as well

All of the above were good and fresh tasting. A really buttery flavor only came out in the Paris-something almond something pastry--this was my favorite. The apricot tarts we nicely sweetened and flavorful (second favorite). I liked everything I tasted; it was all good and not overly sweet, like many things from a standard bakery--I hate when a pastry is glazed to the point of being candy. These pastries are very pleasant. Did I mention that they have the most ginormous macaroon-like things I have ever seen? Gotta try that next time.

The place itself is clean, simple, with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. They serve espresso drinks. Quiche looked good. They had baguettes and and a couple of other french style breads.

I would go here again. Pastries are priced on the high side, but the are large. I took all of my stuff home and cut it all into thirds or quarters, invited a friend over for tea and pastry and there was plenty for all of us to taste everything--except for the raisin thing, which I gave to the husband and he promptly devoured it. We had plenty left over. Great with coffee and tea.

I would like to try their quiche and light lunches. Recommended.