See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2014

This is such a charming Inn. The grounds are lovely, the food is delicious and all the rooms, public as well as private are lovely. This would be so pretty for a wedding! The location is close to Ontario Intl Airport for convenience. Only one hour to Palm Springs!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

I'm glad you had a chance to stay with us! We do primarily do weddings these days, so thank you for recommending us on that front. Hope you're doing well!

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The whole place is right out of the turn-of-the-century! You walk in to a beautifully decorated Victorian home. Although I have yet to stay in any of the other rooms, 'The Elizabeth Room' (in the Carriage House) has an absolutely AMAZING outdoor shower that completely washes away your stress. It really is pretty cool. It's like your own little Secret Garden. Completely private and utterly romantic. They also serve you a delicious breakfast almost entirely comprises of their garden just outside of the kitchen. Whether looking for a romantic getaway or a little R&R, The Christmas House is one of the best Bed & Breakfasts I have had the pleasure of visiting. (April 2002)

Room Tip: This particular room was really nice because it was off of the main house. Seemingly a quiet / private, place to begin with...in 'The Elizabeth Room' we felt 100% secluded from the outside world. It was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful review! At the moment we're doing weddings exclusively, but regardless, this is an amazing recommendation of our space. I'm glad you were able to come by and stay with us back in 2002, and I hope you and your family are doing well!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Janice, owner of the Christmas House, has done an amazing job refurbishing a stately old home that was undoubtedly built well over 100 years ago, and it was an exquisite venue for my daughter's wedding. The surrounding neighborhood has now become commercial, but once you're on the grounds, you forget that. Both the indoor and outdoor areas were lovely, the service was great, and the food was delicious. Furthermore, the Christmas House works with nearby hotels; the deal we got with the Ayres Hotel in Ontario Mills was amazing AND included a free shuttle to and from the wedding.

The Christmas House is no longer a B&B, but the bridal party is able to rent the entire place and spend the wedding night there. They were very happy with their rooms and the breakfast.

All in all, an amazing wedding at a wonderful venue. THANK YOU, JANICE!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for sharing the love on our TripAdvisor page as well, Martha! We want to make sure that every couple who gets married here has the most magical experience possible, so I'm glad we could help out on your daughter's big day! Here's wishing you and your family all the best.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A hidden gem on a tree lined street with large grounds...and an outdoor hot tub!
The name is misleading as it is not a year around shop for Christmas baubles. It is a very accommodating inn that seems to cater to weddings and other weekend special events. Great news for business travelers, especially road warriors who enjoy a change from cookie cutter hotels. Great news because it is not as busy during the week and you can choose from some of the larger rooms at very good rates. And Janice isn't as busy on weekdays so she offers to deliver breakfast to
your room...on a silver service. Old world charm and service with excellent wireless reception for your laptop.

Room Tip: On weekdays, there are many choices. Just call Janice and let her know what your needs are and she will select the perfect room for you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for leaving us this lovely review! We're grateful for your recommendation. Happy we could help you relax!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just attended a wedding at the Christmas House. What a beautiful venue! The house is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds were very nice. The food at the wedding was good. I wouldn't call it excellent, but wedding food very rarely ever is. It was enjoyable and tasted good. After reading a previous review I'd like to comment that the type of bar available is chosen as part of the wedding package. So if only beer was available then that is what was chosen and paid for by the wedding party. We had a full bar and the drinks and bartender were both excellent.

I would partly agree with the location comment. When driving up to the Christmas House it is odd to see it located in a business area across from a strip mall, but once you are on the grounds (especially in the back) you can't see them any more and you don't feel like you are in a business area.

We had an absolutely fabulous time and the wedding was beautiful. Would love to go back and stay at the B&B and try that out.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

You wrote this quite a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your review. I hope this finds you well, and that you made it back for a chance to stay at our bed and breakfast. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!