See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A hidden gem on a tree lined street with large grounds...and an outdoor hot tub!
The name is misleading as it is not a year around shop for Christmas baubles. It is a very accommodating inn that seems to cater to weddings and other weekend special events. Great news for business travelers, especially road warriors who enjoy a change from cookie cutter hotels. Great news because it is not as busy during the week and you can choose from some of the larger rooms at very good rates. And Janice isn't as busy on weekdays so she offers to deliver breakfast to
your room...on a silver service. Old world charm and service with excellent wireless reception for your laptop.

Room Tip: On weekdays, there are many choices. Just call Janice and let her know what your needs are and she will select the perfect room for you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for leaving us this lovely review! We're grateful for your recommendation. Happy we could help you relax!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just attended a wedding at the Christmas House. What a beautiful venue! The house is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds were very nice. The food at the wedding was good. I wouldn't call it excellent, but wedding food very rarely ever is. It was enjoyable and tasted good. After reading a previous review I'd like to comment that the type of bar available is chosen as part of the wedding package. So if only beer was available then that is what was chosen and paid for by the wedding party. We had a full bar and the drinks and bartender were both excellent.

I would partly agree with the location comment. When driving up to the Christmas House it is odd to see it located in a business area across from a strip mall, but once you are on the grounds (especially in the back) you can't see them any more and you don't feel like you are in a business area.

We had an absolutely fabulous time and the wedding was beautiful. Would love to go back and stay at the B&B and try that out.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

You wrote this quite a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your review. I hope this finds you well, and that you made it back for a chance to stay at our bed and breakfast. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My sister loved this place so much she arranged to have her wedding here. It was a package deal where the wedding took place on the grounds and they spent their wedding night here.

There was an open bar but the beer was warm, they served only Corona beer and had no mixed drinks. No wine, no champagne, no mixed drinks. Not much of a drinker but it would have been nice to have a few while celebrating this joyful event.

The house itself is beautiful, kind of small, very narrow. Don't believe you could get around if you were handicapped as there are a lot of very narrow stairs.
The staff was friendly but I feel the location was not the best choice to put a bed and breakfast. It is right in business area of town.
The food was not very good, which was provided by the B&B, I was one of the last in line and ended up getting scraps of whatever was left. They piled on the food for those who were in the beginning of the line but by the time they got to the end of the line, most of the pans were empty, and what was left was cold and very unappetizing.
I didn't complain because I was there to celebrate my sister and brother in laws big day but I know that I will not recommend this place to anyone having a reunion or wedding.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

A wedding with us should be a joy. The bride and groom should be the center of attention, and they and their guests shouldn't have to worry about anything beyond having a wonderful time. I'm sorry if you felt disappointed by any of our accommodations.

We do offer a variety of wedding packages that come with different food and drink options. Many of them include champagne, and not all are buffet-style. I apologize if the experience you had with us was not what you were expecting.

As for the hallways, our house is over a century old, and the layout and design reflects that. That said, thank you for bringing up how it might be difficult for someone with a disability to get around. We'll definitely be looking into that because we want our house to be welcoming for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your time with us -- we're always looking for ways to improve. We do our best to offer options that will make every couples' wedding perfect for them, and I hope your sister had a wonderful day. Please send our best wishes to her and her husband.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

Janice & the staff are wonderful! They make sure your stay is comfortable & enjoyable. Have Been having my daughters b-day slumber party here since 2008. She & her friends love it. This year Janice was so nice & upgraded us & gave us Elizabeth's room along w/the Carriage room. "THANK YOU JANICE". We loved it! The breakfast has always been very tasty too!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank laura9240

Thank you for your incredible kindness, Laura! I know you wrote this a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it. We're happy to have helped make your daughter's birthdays a little more special.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Lovely grounds and rooms. Quiet. Fantastic breakfast served in room. Wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paladin11

It's been quite a long time since you wrote this, but I'm glad you were able to spend some time with us! I hope you've managed to make it back our way -- we'd love to see you again.