“Huge Fried Chicken”
Review of Marinade on Main

Marinade on Main
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Ramona
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We were wine tasting and it was the end of the day. We asked several people where they recommended we go for dinner. Everyone of the locals said Marinade on Main. We had a wonderful meal. I had the Fried chicken as many recommended and it did not disappoint. It was at lease a half a chicken and the breast was about as big as I have ever had. It was delicious. I made two meal out of it too.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in Ramona for 4 days and we ate there 4 times! Katie, the manager, made us feel right at home when we stumbled in for lunch. We had New Years Eve Dinner there and breakfast on 2 mornings. Loved everything especially the Lumberjack Breakfast and The French Toast!! Cozy vibe with fantastic food. We have to wait a full year until we return to Ramona to visit again!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Seriously the Mac and cheese and more importantly the brussel sprouts are on point! The portion of the sprouts too was pretty impressive. If you’re in the area, just go, you’ll be pumped on it.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Good food is one thing, but nice atmosphere and good draft beer? That is a real plus, and in Ramona too. I was very pleased likely you will be too.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I ventured out to Ramona for dinner with an old friend on a Sunday evening. She is not old as that would make me old too. :) She was in town visiting her mom so I went out east to see her.

Upon entering, I absolutely fell in love with the ambiance. Very quaint and rustic setting with all of the wood and cool lighting. Walking in, I felt like I was in a Breakfast Republic or Farmer’s Table in San Diego. The place is small with seating for only about 36 people and an additional eight seats at the bar. Some but not all of the tables had fresh flowers. The flowers at my table have seen better days. ;) I could see reserving the entire place for a family gathering. NOTE: They only serve wine and beer. All of their sodas are from the Jones soda line. Try the root beer!

My friend and I split the Charcuterie and Cheese Board. I was a very generous serving. It had three meats (pepperoni, prosciutto, and salami) and three cheeses with crusty baguette. The strawberry and lemon jam was amazing. Highly recommend it!

I chose the Herb Fried Chicken. It was served with roasted vegetables and smashed potatoes. It was quite delicious. The coating of the boneless chicken breast came off immediately when I cut the chicken but I liked that I could eat the crispy skin with my hands. The portion was larger than I expected. The breast was moist. I wish the potatoes had a gravy on them as they needed a little something extra.

Their menu was more upscale than I would have thought. I could see myself coming here often if I lived nearby. I really enjoyed the evening.

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Marinade on Main? Share your experiences!