“Tacky Treatment”

Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pomona
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My husband and I were on a West Coast trip staying in multiple locations. Upon an emergency we had to return to Georgia. Canceling our car and hotel reservations was a task and everyone was understanding, even the hotels that we canceled with 24 to 48 hour notice did not charge us a fee. Then we came to the Sheraton, which we had stayed at previously, with 3 day notice Sheraton is charging us for the room. The reason...we prepaid. If we had not prepaid the room we could have canceled at no charge. WHAT? We called their main reservation number and were to,d the same. If we had not prepaid our savings, which we were not to,d, would have been $3.00. This is so tacky I was stunned. My husband and I will never again at any Sheraton related hotel. And I will spread this message of treatment.

Room Tip: Ask questions before booking because by the time you print the paperwork it is too late
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Heather T, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate it. We would like to speak about your experience personally and help you resolve this matter. If you would like, please contact our Director of Sales, Fred Kokash at fred.kokash@sheraton.com or (909) 868-5935. Thank you again for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 3 May 2017

The hotel is next to the Fairgrounds. It is clean enough and the service is OK.
The prices are very reasonable and parking is free. I found the room quiet and the best comfortable.
Each time I have stayed there I was given a two room two TV suite.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Heather T, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your suite and we look forward to having you here again.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

The service was pretty decent during my stay, nothing really to complain.

The location is also decent, it's in a relatively better area in the inland empire. However, whether Pomona is good for your business really depends, works for me.

The room was spacious, the beds were okay, but the noise was quite bad. There's some sort of compressor or fan(I don't know what it is) generating noise 24/7. The A/C can be also quite noisy unless you turn it off.

Ample parking for free is nice. Expensive in-room WiFi isn't that good, but that's the common business practice I have to accept.

Room Tip: The inward rooms are noisier.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank S N
Heather T, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Hello S N,
We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed the service you received during your stay. I will share your comments about the noise and A/C issues with our Engineering team to ensure they are aware of these mechanical issues. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I stayed here with my family and dog recently. The hotel itself looks good. The lobby area is decorated with dark wood and marble floors and has a nice hotel feeling when checking in. The rooms are large and the fitness club is also cozy and nice. Although the hotel website does not say so, there is also an outside swimming pool.

There are some cons also. The pet policy is vague and the people at the lobby have different views. Also, they have only a few "pet friendly" rooms so you should make sure to talk to their reservation desk before you take them to the hotel.

The rooms are large and nice but my room was next to the loading dock and there were trucks "beeping" in and out often (they beep when they back into the spaces). The furnace (or whatever it was) also makes a roaring sound when it turns on and it feels like you are sitting in an airplane when this occurs (several times in the morning).

The hotel is next to the Los Angeles Fair Grounds and probably fills up when the fair is open or when there is a large conference going on. In my case, there was nothing going on and I counted maybe 40 cars in the parking lot. Therefore, I am perplexed at why they wound put me in a room on the second floor at the end of the hallway and nearest to the loading dock when there are 9 floors in the hotel with 42 rooms on each floor. Maybe it was my pet or maybe it was to make housekeeping easy. Either way, although I was an Elite member of the hotel this was what I got and I was not pleased. Also, the lounge is only for people who pay extra, not for elite members. I have been to many SPG hotels around the world but this is the first time to find such practices. Maybe this was not an SPG property and still does not like being one.

Room Tip: Stay away from the boiler room and loading docks!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Heather T, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hello, We're delighted to hear about your recent stay with us and really appreciate your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed our suites, fitness club and lobby. However, on behalf of my entire team, I apologize for falling short of your expectations in other areas.

I have shared your comments about the loading dock, furnace sounds and room choice with our engineering and management teams.

I have also passed along your comments regarding our pet policy, and your experience as an Elite member to our team to make sure they are aware of your experience. I assure you this was never our goal and we look forward to using your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to one day have the opportunity to welcome you back for a stay that exceeds your expectations instead of falling short of them.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My brother and sister-in-law were married here recently. As part of the wedding party I was horribly disgusted to see how poorly they treated my sister-in-law on her wedding day. The coordinator acted like she was being inconvenienced for doing something that should be her job. In the room that was provided for the bridal party to prepare, we couldn't even get water provided when asked! And it's not like we were asking for bottled water, we would have been fine with the filtered water from the tap.

Even though the bride and groom were staying at the hotel after the wedding, they were not provided access to the free Wi-Fi that was supposed to be included in their room.

After the wedding ceremony we were supposed to have been provided with a shuttle to take us to the reception room (which was in the middle in of the fair grounds so not possible to walk) it took over 40 minutes for them to find someone to drive the bridal party to the reception. They were almost late for their own reception!

These are but a few examples of the lack of customer service they provided on what was supposed to be a special day. My brother was eventually provided with a partial refund due to the lack of service that was provided, but even that was not without difficulty and the staff were less than apologetic about how everything went down. If I could have given them negative stars, I would.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
fredkokash, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Hello bonker4mydogs,

We thank you for your feedback of the experience that was had during your families wedding. Since, we have placed additional processes in place to ensure we provide a very positive and memorable experience to our wedding parties.

We hope that the future holds an opportunity that will allow us to provide you and your family a nice experience.

Fred Kokash
Director of Sales & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
4.2 km away
Hotel Casa 425
Hotel Casa 425
#2 of 5 in Claremont

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Pomona

Been to Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!