“Welcome Back to Albany, NY”

Hotel Mac Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Hotel Mac's restaurant reminds me of an old upper New York state restaurant I visited when I was in Sales. It was a great place to bring State clients. If I was still in Sales, Hotel Mac is where I would proudly bring a prospect to discuss business with a tasty lunch, great dinner, or simply a cocktail.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My lady had mussels and it was a very generous number. If you order this during happy hour it is $4. We ordered later and it was $8. I had shrimp and pasta in some excellent sauce that was extraordinarily delicious. In addition, there were five shrimp breaded with some tasty and spicy breading. The dish had a weird name that I cannot recall.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We were staying in Hotel Mac and decided to try the restaurant for dinner. We really didn't expect much but we were pleasantly surprised. The place is very historic and charming, that being said it could use a tad of updating. The chairs in the bar are quite worn. Regardless, we had wonderful service, a great bottle of wine and my scallops and crab cakes were fantastic. My husband had the chicken cordon bleu which he enjoyed as well. We also tried the bar on another night, they were shutting down because of a slow night but when we arrived they not only kept the kitchen open (great quesadilla) so we could get a snack, but the piano player kept playing for us too, even though he was technically finished. Service was exceptional. If you are in the area, this place is definitely worth stopping in to.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

This historic and charming place will make sure you leave with all your senses happy.
From the well used and loved bar to the table groupings surrounded by items from the hotel and restaurant's past you have lots to keep you entertained till the food arrives.
The bread is brought in daily from a local bakery and I could have made a meal on it alone. The clam chowder was just as I always hope it will be, but am so often disappointed. Not this time, large pieces and thick broth made this transition from a nice side dish to a full on comfort food meal.
The staff are all happy and helpful no matter the hour. I arrived just before closing due to a delayed flight and they made sure I was fully cared for. I can't applaud them enough.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

It was a Wednesday night, I was there by myself while in town for meeting. The service from my waiter felt special because I was alone, The atmosphere, the placed was packed, People at the bar were having a great time, as where the people at the tables and couches. I was staying at the hotel over night it was great.