“The real deal!”

Add it.
Tugboat Fish & Chips
Ranked #41 of 127 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had lunch here this week. This is the real deal for fish & chips. I'm very glad I found this place! There's not much in the way of fish & chips around here so this place is the best I've found.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Great neighborhood restaurant, family run and operated. Very relaxed atmosphere and you won't break the bank on reasonably priced and excellent quality meals. We make it a point to visit once every few weeks and we always leave extremely satisfied.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Tugboat was OK, I wasn't as impressed as I had hopped based on tripadvisor's post. But don't get me wrong service is absolutely great!!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Definitely not your New Zealand Fish and Chips, but for the area, it's pretty good. We are spoiled by the awesomeness of New Zealand.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

No, I'm not giving the Tugboat Fish & Chips restaurant five stars because I think it's a gourmet place. I'm giving it five stars because it's one of the best bargains I've found in a restaurant. The prices are more than reasonable, and the deep-fried food (fish and chips, prawns, calamari, clams, oysters, etc.) is among the best I've found at any price anywhere. The food is fresh, it's tasty, and it's never greasy.

The restaurant has been in the same location for some years, starting out very well but then going downhill. Fortunately, new management came in recently and turned it all around. You couldn't ask for more. The dining area is spartan, but it's clean and comfortable, and there's even outdoor seating if you choose. What's more, the people working there are friendly and personable, so all of my visits have been pleasant. My wife and I love it.