1,113 results
All reviews marisol restaurant ocean view fire pit tide pools hotel restaurant central coast the cliff upon check restaurant next door cal poly hot tub avila beach santa barbara beach access parking lot road trip valet
Reviewed 14 February 2018

The Cliffs Resort was the perfect host for a birthday celebration. The room was lovely and the view from the balcony was amazing. The weather was very warm for the end of January so we were sorry that we did not pack swimwear for the beautiful pool and spa! We enjoyed the "super moon" sitting around the fire pit and chatting with other visitors. We would like to mention the ladies of the front desk - thank you! First impressions make the difference in a hotel and these ladies made our celebration at the Cliffs Resort special.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Happy Birthday! I am thrilled that you had such a great celebration, and we are honored to have been a small part of it. How wonderful to enjoy the supermoon during your stay! I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon (don't forget to pack your bathing suit)!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Best views for sunrise and sunset! Convenient and great for meetings! Splurge for the suite! Amazing views from the king suite! Quiet and you can hear the waves crash all night! Bring your own shampoo and conditioner.... theirs is not that good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

I'm so happy that we were able to "wow" you, Brunerville! You just can't beat the sunrises and sunsets from the suite balconies.
Thank you for the feedback on our bathroom ammenities, I'm sorry they were not your favorite. I will share this with our Front Desk Manager.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

As we were checking and the desk clerk asked if we would like to upgrade to an Ocean View Suite. We were so glad that we did. We had The Corner Room on the 4th floor with a balcony and it was fantastic. There is Construction going on in the lot next to our suite but we never noticed a problem.
We arrived on a Thursday night which is when San Luis Obispo has there Farmers Market in the evening. We went to the valet guys to get our car and Hugo volunteered to shuttle us into town. That was awesome we didn't have to look for parking. He went above and beyond !
We enjoyed the happy hour one of the evenings. Great values with the offerings they had.
There was always bottled water in the lobby and fresh fruit. One evening they had cheese crackers and wine in the lobby for guests. Such great views from the dining area. We enjoyed beautiful sunsets

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the suite and your stay, Indy562!
It sounds like you had a chance to explore our property and the downtown area, I am so glad you had a good time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

If you like a beautiful property and sleeping in a piping hot room, this is the property for you. Night 1 my A/C was broken so I slept in a room that showed as 82 and tossed and turned all night with sweat on my brow. When I advised the desk in the morning they sent someone to fix it and it seemed to work. Several of my colleagues reported same issue in their room with A/C. Night 2 was a nightmare. Heat blaring from my vents - unit won’t turn off. Still ocean air so no way to cool it down. Room temp - 84. Front desk says nothing they can do. Hotel is sold out so nowhere to move. I heard same issues from my colleagues too in the morning. In addition, my sink and shower were clogged so I had to use a little water, turn it off and let it drain. Rinse and repeat. I was head when maintenance fixed it the first time so I know it’s a system issue not a hair ball issue. This hotel is gorgeous and has some really nice amenities. I have it three stars for location, amenities and staff. The problem is the hotel has bad bones. This has been a terrible experience for these reasons.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Nickwarner

Thank you for your feedback, Nick ~ I am so sorry for your discomfort during your stay. Due to the issues last week, we brought in a repairperson this weekend to fix the A/C and heating system. While this is great for our current guests, I realize this doesn't help you. I know this past stay was for work, but please contact me if I can help with a future stay. stephanie@cliffsresort.com

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great location for trainings/meetings. Was here for a full week. Customer service is awesome! Brooke is amazing and prior to arriving Jennie was phenominal :)

Sucessful event. Excellent view! #mustvisit

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, C G ~ I'm so glad you enjoyed your week with us!
I will share your compliments with our Sales Team. I hope we will get to welcome you back soon for a non-work getaway!