Got a room upgrade for the midweek promotion and got a king ocean front suite for under $220/night.
May sound high but the Courtyard in SLO kind of out in middle of no where was $160/night and I thought for the extra $60 a night was well worth it! I tagged along with my hubby who was here on business and stays almost exclusively at Marriott properties for business.
I was worried about the room quality due to the mixed reviews and my hubby and I are very picky about expecting to stay in updated and super clean rooms. I know beach hotels aling the central coast can be really run down so We were happily surprised when we got to our suite room. It was called the Lighthouse Suite on the 4th floor.immediately all we saw was OCEAN!! Floor to ceiling windows, white plantation style shutters and the expanse of ocean! It was spacious with a sitting area and tv, desk that was partially separated by a half wall to the bed area. Not sure if the couch was a sofa bed? Cute tufts fir extra seating. Both areas had tvs, sliding glass doors to a spacious balcony that wrapped around the entire suite. Walls on both sides of the balcony gave privacy from the adjacent balconies. There were clean patio furniture (2 loungers and several chairs and a small table. I laid out in the sun and it was cool but sunny and glorious :)
THE VIEW- Breathtaking! And full ocean front it is! The landscape of the central coast is beautiful and it was quiet (besides the relaxing crashing waves)and peaceful. You can lay in bed, take a bath in a deep soaking tub or even
Sit on the pot (sorry) with a full view of the majestic ocean.
The room was clean, with updated decor- a Moroccan type patterns which we love. The colors are neutral and feel beachy yet sophisticated. The bed linens were crisp, white and good quality. Lots of pillows and plenty of towels, bath sheets, etc. We always appreciate extra towels without having to ask for them!
There was bath gel, salts and a cute rubber Ducky with the cliffs name on it (wonder if I can take it as a souvenir?) the bathroom was all white Carrera marble. The fixtures seemed dated but no biggie. The shower was large with both a hand held and fixed shower head. I see what the previous poster meant about hoping the grout was stained with comet due to a faint green tinge. Don't know what to make of it but it didn't look like mold/mildew- that would've grossed me out.
There's a fridge stocked with complementary waters, a keuring machine but no mini bar or safe.
Service was good in our experience. Valet was available (says free but yes, you are charged a $15 day resort fee). We just self parked because parking was ample. The fee apparently also covers the fruit and bottled water.
There's oranges and green apples at the front desk. The sundry store was closed when we arrived at 1pm and was closed when we walked by other times that day so not sure when it's open. Looks like it had a few souvenirs in there.
There is beach access despite what others have said. But it does involve steps.
We stayed 2 nights and thought
It was a nice place to enjoy the central coast. If you are looking for top notch luxury (eg four seasons or even JW class hotel, this isn't it but if you are used to staying at decent hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc) this should make you happy. The central Coast is beautiful and charming and its not the amalfi Coast. Its not full of luxury resorts. It's an old hotel but it's been kept up and while it's been "recently renovated" I'm not sure how many years ago, and it's not brand newly renovated so it's not perfect but we really enjoyed our stay. You can't ask for a better full ocean view. We will be back.
PS didn't try their restaurant marisols but ate at the cracked crab in Pismo which had very good fresh seafood in a very causal atmosphere but was over-priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort