I travel for business and have my choice of hotels, however I'm still always looking for values when on the road. When in Pismo Beach there are many many choices, but since this trip got scheduled last minute I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I regreted it from the start.
I wasn't pleased when I arrived to the hotel after a long drive and they balked at giving me my room until the offical check-in at 3:00PM; I arrived at 2:10PM...come on! The front desk noticed my eyes rolling and finally gave me a room to put my bag into so that I could continue to visit some clients before the end of the day.
Upon getting to my room I noticed that it was a brand new hotel, but a little strangely set up, The top floor is the lobby, but the way everything is layed-out at this hotel is a little strange. Oh well. Later in the day I took a shower and wasn't too pleased either, with the lay-out of the room. A little small for my taste and the TV is directly to the right side of the bed. Strange and inconvenient if you want to sit-up with a newspaper and coffee to read and watch TV. Also upon visiting the bathroom I noticed some cleanliness issues on the wall. I wasn't sure if it was from another guest or a scratch or smudge, but in any case it should have been cleaned or painted. You don't want to get those mental images of what it might have been when staying at a hotel. And no, I didn't call the front desk to complain about this. I didn't want someone coming into my room to see the thing on the wall and change my room or give me a long explanation of what it was. I was tired and just figured that I was only staying one night.
Also the bathroom compared to the Hampton Inns was terrible. Looked more like a cheap hotel than a Hilton in terms of size, space, and shower set-up.
As far as the bed, it's was a very hard bed with a great feather comforter and excellent pillows. The pillows weren't the rocks that you might find most other hotels.
Breakfast: Guess what...... they charge for breakfast and I find that a rip-off considering most other hotels include that (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn) in the hotel bill so that you don't have to expense a breakfast to the company. I found that a huge turn-off, for what looked to me like nothing special at all. Eggs, sausage etc. Hampton Inn includes all of that stuff at no charge and the Hampton Inn is cheaper.
Next time I will stay at the Hampton Inn, which for me is much better layed out then the Hilton. It is also cheaper than the Hilton but that doesn't really matter that much. All I am ever looking for is a nice easy stay. Good luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 120 spacious rooms and suites, the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo beach is your new Central Coast vacation headquarters. Amenities include the Great American Grill restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, room service, Pavilion Lounge, free wireless and hard-wired internet access, pool, spa, business center, Pavilion Market serving snacks and beverages, a fitness center, a guest laundry, and over 1,600 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Close to great restaurants and the Pismo Prime Outlets, and only minutes from the beach, the Oceano Dunes, wineries, golf courses and quaint coastal towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Pismo Beach