“What a Turkey! Careful of reviews”

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I travel for business and have my choice of hotels, however I'm still always looking for values when on the road. When in Pismo Beach there are many many choices, but since this trip got scheduled last minute I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I regreted it from the start.
I wasn't pleased when I arrived to the hotel after a long drive and they balked at giving me my room until the offical check-in at 3:00PM; I arrived at 2:10PM...come on! The front desk noticed my eyes rolling and finally gave me a room to put my bag into so that I could continue to visit some clients before the end of the day.
Upon getting to my room I noticed that it was a brand new hotel, but a little strangely set up, The top floor is the lobby, but the way everything is layed-out at this hotel is a little strange. Oh well. Later in the day I took a shower and wasn't too pleased either, with the lay-out of the room. A little small for my taste and the TV is directly to the right side of the bed. Strange and inconvenient if you want to sit-up with a newspaper and coffee to read and watch TV. Also upon visiting the bathroom I noticed some cleanliness issues on the wall. I wasn't sure if it was from another guest or a scratch or smudge, but in any case it should have been cleaned or painted. You don't want to get those mental images of what it might have been when staying at a hotel. And no, I didn't call the front desk to complain about this. I didn't want someone coming into my room to see the thing on the wall and change my room or give me a long explanation of what it was. I was tired and just figured that I was only staying one night.
Also the bathroom compared to the Hampton Inns was terrible. Looked more like a cheap hotel than a Hilton in terms of size, space, and shower set-up.
As far as the bed, it's was a very hard bed with a great feather comforter and excellent pillows. The pillows weren't the rocks that you might find most other hotels.
Breakfast: Guess what...... they charge for breakfast and I find that a rip-off considering most other hotels include that (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn) in the hotel bill so that you don't have to expense a breakfast to the company. I found that a huge turn-off, for what looked to me like nothing special at all. Eggs, sausage etc. Hampton Inn includes all of that stuff at no charge and the Hampton Inn is cheaper.
Next time I will stay at the Hampton Inn, which for me is much better layed out then the Hilton. It is also cheaper than the Hilton but that doesn't really matter that much. All I am ever looking for is a nice easy stay. Good luck.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LosAngelesRobert
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed her on two separate occasions and I could not be more impressed with the service and quality of this hotel. Full disclosure, I am a Hilton Honors member, so that may have factored into their treatment of me, but I was still extremely impressed.

The hotel is so clean that it feels like you are in a brand new hotel (I think it was renovated 2 years ago). The staff is extremely accommodating and kind. There were even free (and delicious) cookies at the check-in desk.

There are a bunch of great areas to relax, including the bar and pool (which I did not go in due to it being February). They even have board games in the lobby in case you need something to do. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff at the little restaurant was so attentive and pleasant.

I travel quite a bit and have never wrote a TripAdvisor review. This hotel's above and beyond service and quality, however, prompted me to create an account and write this review. Kudos to the entire staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was large, clean, and bright and the bed extremely comfortable. The common areas were comfortable and welcoming. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning. Lots of choices and good service. It's a short drive from the hotel to the heart of Pismo Beach and easy to get to San Luis Obispo. It's hard to get something this nice in this area for such a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was a quality hotel experience for a very nice price. The Hilton is just off the highway and a quick exit from the downtown Pismo Beach exit. So it isn't in the core Pismo Beach area. That's actually a good thing though since the area right next to the beach is a bit tacky.

This Hilton was in great condition with an excellent bath area, Wifi, work table and lots of other extras. It also has a pool and spa area. There are lots of restaurants around as well as a cafe in the hotel. The Pismo Outlet mall is about 4 blocks away. The actual beach is about 3/4 mile away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TimT_10
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed there a few years ago when it was the Mission Inn. We enjoyed it then, and enjoyed it even more this time. Rooms are large and comfortable, they feature beds with adjustable comfort (hard/soft) for each side. Choice of pillows could have made for perfect sleep quality. Only small negative was the weight of the comforter and the noise of the climate control.

Breakfast is way above average for this kind of hotel, with good choices including eggs and make yourself waffles. They will also provide items fresh cooked to order from the kitchen. We had a deal with breakfast vouchers and they made perfect poached eggs for my wife with no extra charge.

Room Tip: entry level floor is actually the 4th floor, with some (partial) ocean views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple