All reviewsnew flooringtile showergreat locationsoft pillowsrooms are smallwalking distance to everythingrestaurants and barsold west cinnamon rollsupstairs roomcheck in was easyroad triproom was cleanbeautiful sunsetwould stay againcoffee makersplash cafeonly stayed one night
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Motel is clean and beds are comfortable. Located right downtown, and right on the beach and new boardwalk. Staff was friendly and accommodating even though we checked in at midnight. Not fancy, but good for the price and is a great location where food and shops are easily walkable.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Booked this room at the last minute, the owner was very kind and gave us a great room. Perfect location, walking distance from almost everything. there is nothing like waking up to the sound of the waves. I plan on staying here the next time I'm in Pismo.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a better view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had not seen the beach in over two years and a spontaneous road trip landed us in
California from Arizona - at the beach. With no reservations, our second night landed us in Pismo Beach, California. Knowing hotel prices (very high), we decided to take a chance on a small motel right on the beach. We chose a room on the second floor with a king bed, shower, tv, coffee maker and fridge. Cost was 116 and change. Literally, a totally unobstructed view of the ocean - about 100 yards from our room. Out the door, down the steps and twenty steps and you were in the sand! The room was clean, comfortable. There was a ceiling fan instead of a/c, but with the ocean breezes, who needed it? I was able to sit in bed, look out my window and see the ocean. For walkability - unbelievable....restaurants, bars, club, shops...all within a two block area. Plus, the best coffee and cinnamon buns ever two blocks away...West Coast Cinnamon Cafe...OMG - the best. Made fresh (oh, coffee, too)..This little motel should not be judged by it's cover...it is a treat and a true gem if you are an "ocean freak" like me. Oh, there were four or five whales breaching at dusk one night and another four or five at sunrise the next morning - how can you beat that!

Room Tip: rooms 21, 22 and 23 offer the best views....
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Easy to find with ample parking. Checked in on the 2nd floor. The check in was quick simple and very friendly. The room was clean and basic and perfect for a one night stay. Next door to the hotel is a great seafood restaurant/bar. Excellent value for money and would highly recommend. Killer views at Sunset overlooking the beach. Pismo beach has an outlet and some small shops and great for a one night stop over if doing Pacific 1 highway. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Booked a room with 2 Queen beds through a travel website. 15 minutes before check in the hotel calls me asking if I will take a King room because they don't have 2 Queens. They say they'll give me a rollaway bed. Im not to thrilled because we are all wet and sandy from the beach and I don't want to hassle with trying to find a new hotel. We show up to look at the room and it is small. The rollaway bed is small but I accepted it. I ask why they didn't have the room I payed for and was told that it was the travel websites fault and that they told the hotel that I booked a King room. This was obviously untrue based on the fact that you called me to tell me you didn't have my 2 Queen room. How did you know I needed 2 Queens if the travel website told you a King? They were shifting the blame and taking no responsibility. I confirmed with 2 different agents from the travel website that the Hotel was told 2 Queens and not a King just like my confirmation email says. Anyways, we stay the night and the next morning it comes to my attention that the King room is a cheaper rate than the 2 Queen rooms I payed for. Surely my charges will be adjusted to reflect the room I actually stayed in and not the room I didn't receive. I ask at checkout to be charged the rate of the room I stayed in and they treated me as if I was trying to get a free room. They tried to make me feel as if I was scamming them. I just wanted to be charged the correct rate! Search other reviews like I did and you will see this isn't the first time they've done this. Very unethical practice to not correct the charges. After going back and forth with the lady in the front office they agree to refund me the difference of the rooms but now the free rollaway will be charged the normal rate. They took away the free rollaway bed because I asked to be charged the King rate! Unbelievable. To respond to their response to my other review at the other site: They put me on the 1st floor with a view of the parking lot with a huge van in front of the only window and called it an upgraded Oceanview lol. Again they shifted the blame to the website which was proven untrue. They again said I was trying to take advantage of the situation for asking to be charged the correct rate! They ask why did I stay then and not say anything? Because I didn't know of the price difference until the next morning. I ask why would you not proactively adjust my charges to the correct rate for the room I was put in? That is standard practice. Being aware that someone is being charged a higher rate for a service (room) they did not receive and refusing to correct it is unethical at best. And my reviews are not slanderous. Everything I have said can be proven by me or the travel website. Accusing the customer of taking advantage of the situation for calling you out on your refusal to correct their charges is slanderous. Again this has nothing to do with the inadequacies of the room or the lack of responsibility taken for the error on your part but rather the refusal to charge the correct price.

Now as far as the room goes it was below average. Not the worst ever but definitely not the best either. The linens were very old and dingy. The rollaway bed is what you would expect from a rollaway. Very uncomfortable with metal coils/springs sticking into you. The only window in the entire room that opens is a small one in the bathroom. If you want fresh air you have to leave your front door open and other people walk by and look in. There was a slight odor as well. I couldn't figure out what it was. Again, I wouldn't have complained to the hotel or wrote a review about those things. This is mainly about the customer service and unethical practices. Glad I booked through a third party. In the end the travel site took care of the situation even though it wasn't their fault. I would never stay here again.

Please answer why you don't proactively adjust charges to reflect the room that is stayed in from the room the was booked if you respond. And why when brought to your attention you still don't change them immediately.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family