“Wonderful memories!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful memories!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Although it's been a long time since we stayed here, we have wonderful memories of time spent here with family and friends. One time it was a business meeting with friends. Other times it was special family time. How wonderful to see the ocean and hear the constant roar of the waves from your living room. This is not new. It's not modern. It's not fancy. But the charm is its location right on the beach. Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat!(It was much earlier than 2011 when we stayed here.)

Room Tip: If you have a ground floor, you can walk right out onto the beach. If you have an upper floor, you c...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank king238

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

If your head'n for the central coast then Pismo Beach as a must! The Sea Gypsy Motel offers all types of rooms and we love the ocean front studios! Exellent layout for the rooms and the pool and hot tub are always fun. Lots of parking and the staff is great. We'll be back! Thanks, Ken.

Room Tip: Reserve an ocean front room as soon as you know your dates.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I discovered this place YEARS AND YEARS ago, by accident in the little travel flyer/booklet you pick up outside of Denny's. At the time, they advertised a really really inexpensive rate per night, with a pool, spa, oceanside. I love Pismo, so made a reservation. After seeing the Oceanview side of the motel, I asked if I could upgrade to THOSE rooms. My luck was with me and they had a room for me for a couple of days (upgrade in cost....but soooooooo worth it). The Oceanview rooms have a patio ON THE BEACH, almost literally. I was high enough I could leave my patio door open and hear the waves on the beach below. Needless to say whenever I go anywhere near Pismo to spend some time, I reserve a room there. I find it very hard to leave the room. The room I stay in has a murphy bed, which I have never found to be anything but wonderful. The best part of the murphy bed, is you get up, fold it back into the wall & have the whole room to enjoy. A little kitchenette with coffee maker, fridge, oven/range, microwave, toaster, dishes, silverware, wine opener, and most anything you could possibly need. This means a quick trip thru Trader Joes's just outside of town, and you can glue yourself tot the patio, watch the surfers, the waves, the kites, the runners and whatever. I always have a book which usually ends up in my lap while I zone. Needless to say, sunrise (even tho behind) is beautiful and the sunsets (if the fog doesn't roll in) are better than spectacular. The staff is almost like a family, very friendly and helpful.
.It's a popular spot, so it never hurts to reserve well in advance. But don't go to San Luis Obispo, Pismo, etc without spending one night there. YOU WILL BE HOOKED...PLEASANTLY HOOKED.

Room Tip: Whenever possible an Oceanview is the BEST CHOICE.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ijustknow29
South Pasadena, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

The studio was cute and clean. However the walls were very thin. The murphy bed could use a new mattress and the pillows were very uncomfortable. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night's sleep. Don't think we'll be coming back :-(

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OlgaEagle
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My folks started staying here when we were in College ... Took our kids there many times over the years.. My folks 40th.. And this time our grandkids! Better than ever.. Things have been maintained and updated.. Great location near beach..and fun and less expensive to prepare meals... Had a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed December 2011