“Good food, good service”
Review of Alley Cafe

Alley Cafe
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Pinole
Reviewed 6 October 2017

An old fashioned diner. We had breakfast. It was a very big serving.of eggs, bacon, toast and fruit (they offer potatoes instead) was really good. The prices are really good too! Will definitely go back. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Pinole is a cute little downtown and typical little downtowns are the usual trendy fancy coffee and muffin shops with mellow music and people on tablets all around. What a great find (there on business) when I came across Alley Café. Breakfast was great, good ol' bacon and eggs with great hash browns. The table around me looked like the pancakes and waffles would be a good choice too. Usually when they can put together a good breakfast, a good lunch if not far behind. Menu had a lot of great options. Service was excellent . Only complaint was the over all cleanliness but. I'll go back if I'm back in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I have been eating breakfast here for 3 or 4 years. The ownership has changed 3 or 4 times since I started coming here. Things changed a little bit, but the food has remained good and the service is excellent. The staff have become friends that I expect to see almost daily. All the staff know what my order will be when I arrive other than how I will have my eggs. I change that from time to time. The staff doing all they can to make my meal tasty and pleasing to the eye. Many times they make special changes or additions with no extra charge. I love to start my day here. There is a very friendly atmosphere. Frequently I have great conversations with other quest in the restaurant. Also, the prices are reasonable and you get a lot for your money.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Good Food, but limited menu. Went for Breakfast. Portions are good. Food Good. Just wish there are more choices.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

My first time here, and Alley Cafe is one of life's pleasant surprises: my complicated custom omelette arrived, fast, hot, fresh, bigger than those at all my other fave breakfast spots, loaded with the perfect balance of my requested ingredients, cooked lightly and evenly, with VERY fresh fruit on the side -- thank you, cook Maria! All delivered with a smile and friendly comments from the excellent server, Debbie.
We have eaten in some of the planet's great restaurants [Gordon Ramsey's Petrus in London, Jacques Cana Paris, Acquerello San Francisco, and similar in New York, Athens, Singapore, etc.] -- and I am a critical and demanding foodie.
So I am grateful to walk into an unassuming little cafe in a small city and receive reslly enjoyable food & service. Thanks, Alley Cats!

1  Thank StoneyBaroque

Been to Alley Cafe? Share your experiences!