“Best Yaki Soba outside of Japan!”

Tachikawa Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 74 Restaurants in Pinole
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The bride and I ate here twice recently. I had the Yaki Soba both times and it was amazing; hot, fresh and flavorful. I also had assorted sushi rolls, sashimi and nigiri. My bride loved the bento boxes she ordered. The service was very prompt and friendly and the prices were not too bad. We will definitely be putting this place in our rotation, as it's fairly close to home.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Welcomed with friendly waitress:) their "Happy Hour" Menu is limited, but the selections are 'spectacular!' Great prices, delicious sushi/sashimi & miso soup is hot & flavorful.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

It started out with special occasions, but then my friend & I realised that just going to Tachikawa is a special occasion in itself.

The sushi chef is a master, and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. They have a long list of Special Rolls, and a pretty good list of Maki. separate menus for dinner & lunch,a nd they do wild tempura. You can also get "Dinner Box" or "Lunch Box." Prices plretty dang reasonable.

I don't do Udon, but i usually start with two cups of miso soup while my friend wrestles with noodles at the end of chopsticks. We both agree that the Caterpillar roll is the best - and they've ruined us for caterpillar anywhere else - mostly because theirs has a skin of shaved avocado, a wonderful plum sauce drizzle and two little stalks of watercress for antennae.

I also go for the salmon-skin handroll, which i find much to my liking here - cucumber and crunchy salmon skin.

Just wish I lived closer to this place - I might eat here every day!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great family restaurant with excellent service and sushi. My wife, daughter and I frequent this restaurant at least twice a month and have never had a negative experience. It does get busy so go early on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

But really there are so many to choose from. The sushi here is extremely fresh and the service always with a big smile. These folks really know their sushi and though I wouldn't think of Pinole as a city to search for sushi ~ I've eaten here twice and am exceedingly impressed by the place.

Been to Tachikawa Restaurant? Share your experiences!