All reviews local amenities rite aid coffee and juice cold cereal sitting room room was large microwave and fridge whittier blvd would definitely stay here again rental car booked this hotel complimentary breakfast motel ac couch hollywood lax
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

It’s an okay place to stay . Honestly if you’re looking for a cheaper place to stay and don’t care about the bare minimum then it’s the best place for you to stay ! A girlfriend and I stayed two nights because we wanted to go to universal studios for Halloween Horror Nights . It had stained sheets , scum around the bath tube . It had some weird liquid brown/red stain up the wall in between the two queen sized beds . But good thing is , it doesn’t have bedbugs ! We did a check prior to unpacking when we arrived . So there’s a plus ! Lol Staff wasn’t overly accommodating , and not overly friendly either . But good enough for a quick trip to LA .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times a year for the past several years. But based on my two stays in October, I doubt that I will continue to do so.

In the past I've enjoyed the fact that this hotel is reasonably priced, generally clean and well kept. Even though it has had its minor flaws - notably the lumpy, skimpy pillows and thin towels, neither of which has been replaced during that time. More alarmingly, the level of customer service of the staff has noticeably declined.

It starts when you first arrive at the hotel. Like most hotels, there are two parking spaces in front of the office, designated for registration parking only. Unfortunately, throughout both stays, those spaces were blocked with traffic cones, and one car was parked there - undoubtedly a hotel employee. Apparently the convenience for that one employee is more important than that of the dozens of guests who check in each day.

When I filled out the registration form, I left blank the space for my rental car's license plate number, since it was not on the key chain in my pocket. The hotel clerk demanded that I fill it in, a demand that I had never encountered in similar instances at any other hotel in my life. And, of course, since the registration parking spaces were blocked off, that meant I had to leave the office and walk all the way over to my car to read the license plate. Clearly, current personnel at this hotel do not care about being accommodating or helpful to their customers.

During one of my stays, I discovered that the room telephone did not work, which is a major security issue. I reported the non-working telephone to the desk clerk (the same unfriendly one who demands license plate numbers) in the morning as I was leaving for the day. When I returned in the evening, the telephone still did not work.

I've enjoyed this hotel in the past, but based on the unhelpful customer service and failure to address a security issue, I plan on looking elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this two-story hotel, so those with mobility issues should request first-floor rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken032
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This motel was very pleasant to stay in. Nice big room [cleaned daily]. Swimming pool. Not affluent but safe neighbourhood. Plenty of places to eat on Whittier Blvd. Close access to freeways. LAX, beaches, Universal Studios, Disneyland all 30-60 mins drive despite LA notoriously busy traffic.

Room Tip: Book in advance as there were no other vacancies while we stayed there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family