“Birthday Dinner”
Review of Dal Rae

Dal Rae
Reserve with OpenTable
Dal Rae is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 132 Restaurants in Pico Rivera
Price range: USD 31 - USD 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rosemead Blvd.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This was my third visit to Dal Rae and it just keeps getting better every time. It's like taking a step back into the 50's with dark wood interior in an old style setting with a sense of elegance. Dinner starts out with a relish dish which is an assortment of pickles, olives and small sticks of celery and or carrots.The Caesar salad was made table side and was delicious. The Lobster Thermidor was rich, creamy and amazing. Finally my filet mignon was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. service was great, the server prepared my baked potato table side as well. A great place to eat!
Note: Parking is Valet

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The ambiance is always welcoming. We love the food and the service. I always recommend it to visiting family members. As a matter of fact, I think we are due for a visit, see you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Recommended this place by our hotel who provided free transfer to it. Food fresh and delicious. Service outstanding. Very reasonably priced for this quality. I can’t recommend it highly enough!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Surprised that in this area there is inadequate parking and you must valet for $4.50. That said, the ambiance once inside is that of an up scaled establishment though seriously dated but very well maintained. The staff is well trained and officious. The food is upscale as well and the prices reflect it. The dishes we had at our table included a corned beef rueben, a plate of filet beef stroganoff, and a chopped salad. The Reuben was a mistake but it came with an extra large plate of thin cut fries. I had the stroganoff made with penne pasta. The sauce was lacking some key ingredients like worcestershire, catsup, sour cream. There was no sauce per se; only a coating on the pasta. The plate was large and full of meat. I was just disappointed with the flavors. We also shared some deep fried zuccini slices which were nice and crispy.

The chopped salad looked great. I didnt get to sample it. I will come back and sample a few other menu items as this seems like they do know what they are doing.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I've been so many times I've lost count. We go every Christmas Eve and I usually also make it another 2 or 3 times a year, if I'm lucky. Yes on certain nights (weekends, holidays) it can get insane and even if you have a reservation you may wait, but the bar is wonderful so who cares. The staff, the food, the entire place is worth it. As many have mentioned, the old school aspect - relish trays, many table side presentations if you order such dishes, the booths - is so comforting and special. But the food is really terrific and the staff makes it all worth it.

I'm a big fan of the classic pepper steak, though the green pepper aspect can throw some people. We love starting with both the calamari and the Oysters Rockefeller, both so good. And the table side caesar is justifiably famous. As is the twist on bananas foster for dessert. But, really, you can't go wrong. The seafood is also wonderful.

Special mention must go to Marci at the front desk. How she manages the tables in the chaos with such calm grace amazes me. She rocks. And recently Christina gave us some of the best service at the table I've had there, which is saying a lot.

Great place!

Been to Dal Rae? Share your experiences!