“Dinner before concert! ”

Spinfish Poke House
Ranked #143 of 728 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

A friend and I wanted to grab quick bite before heading to a concert. Food is quickly served, reasonably priced and fresh. Easy. They have different types of fish; not just tuna. (Salmon, yellowtail, white fish etc) they offer numerous side dishes and different spices.

Downside: you have to find your own seat if there's any when busy & they don't have a toilet even for customers.

The positives are enough to come back again!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the poké here. Went with a custom bowl with one scoop of tuna and one scoop of spicy tuna. The regular tuna was my favorite. My only complaint is that I wish there were pictures or translations for all of the great stuff you can add to your bowl. I think I missed out on some good ones. Place was so busy I didn't want to ask any questions... Maybe next time

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Happen to be in Pasadena and saw that there was a poke place near by Huntington Memorial Hospital. So glad we stopped to try it. With all the poke places popping up everywhere and especially in the South Bay, this is by far the best one so far. With the combinations of proteins from salmon to yellowtail, which I have not seen at any other poke places yet. I have seen salmon but not yellowtail. As you let them know what you want on your bowl and their sauces, it was more than filling and tasted great!! My daughter and I would be willing to drive all the way to Pasadena just to eat there.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I was tired of eating the same o' same o' food so I chose this healthy restaurant. It is a small restaurant that also has an outdoor seating. The line goes outside the place during weekends. Monday night, there was none. I ordered a regular (2 small scoops) bowl of Ahi tuna, salmon, with (sides) seaweed salad, imitation crab meat, and fish eggs on brown and white rice with aloha 808 sauce (with sesame shoyu - ogo limu, hawaiian sea salt, chili flake, green onion, sweet onion.) It was perfect for my first try at this restaurant. Next time, I will try something new to me - Caribbean (pineapple and mango salsa)!

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I needed a healthy meal! I was debating to go to my favorite sushi place in Pasadena but it was closed. Oh well. I decided to stop by a poke house recommended in the pass by a family member Frankie. Menu selection is easy to understand by following 1,2,3 steps. Fish was fresh, Good portion and good price. I will be back to try each one of the signature bowls.

Michael Dergar