“Very nice hotel , great staff”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice hotel , great staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great experience all around .
Check in: fast and very friendly- Raj was delightful! Everyone friendly with the kids!
Bell help: awesome both of my stays, helpful and knowledgable
Parking: reasonable self parking $8
Rooms: fantastic large room with free frig.
Bathrooms: very nice, could use more hooks to hang stuff or more shelves
In room coffee: delicious!
Bathrobe in room: cozyyyy !
Restaurant: only a bar open with food and expensive in the evening;(
Could get a restaurant open at night
All in all great place! Book it!
Also has great walking around the hotel.
Pool: nice

• Stayed April 2012
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay(s) with us and hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Westin Pasadena when you are back in the area. Be well, Tim.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hastings
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We paid about £70 a night through Priceline (If I'd paid the rack rate the review may not be so favourable!). Good chain hotel experience, clean, well located, good service with good facilities (gym, pool, $9 parking). Food in the bar decent enough, normal 4 star stuff at normal 4 star prices. Internet access very overpriced. If you have a car I highly recommend Pasadena over dowtown LA. We found it to be a lovely neighbourhood with lots of places to eat and drink - it felt safe too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the States. Pasadena is a great place to visit and our hotel is conveniently located to enjoy a the experience. It is a very safe environment and I hope that you had the opportunity to walk around Old Pasadena. Your remarks are well received.

I trust that you would have had an equally good experience no matter how you booked your reservation, but I am glad that we had the opportunity to be your home away from home while in the area.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

You get what you pay for. The Westin is more expensive than both the Hilton and Sheraton, but having stayed in all three, I find the extra cost to be worth the value in amenities, service, and most importantly, sleep.

The lobbies of the Sheraton and Hilton are perfectly reasonable. The rooms are also reasonable. But the rooms in the Sheraton and Hilton have cheap HVAC systems. The Hilton's blasted on me in the bed all night, and the Sheraton's was really loud. Both resulted in unrestful nights. The Westin has central air that is quiet and worked perfectly.

The pool and workout room are incomparably nicer at the Westin, looking out over the mountains, having shaded cabanas. The lobby bar is warm, with the walls lined with books, and the bar and restaurant have better and actually more affordable food.

Room Tip: Ask to face the back. The front faces a large avenue, so open windows are pretty noisy.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would encourage all travelers to read your review. :)

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Pasadena.
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

I just returned from my stay at the Westin and I have nothing bad to say about it. I spent 3 nights. I slept great in the giant/comfy king sized bed, the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, and the food was superb. I traveled by myself to see a show in LA. The staff went above and beyond to make sure I had the correct directions and even gave me a sharpie in case I met the artist! I will definitely be staying at the Westin Pasadena again!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank SarahSprontos
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. They validate that we delivered on the promise that our brand represents. Please let us know when your travels once again bring you to Pasadena.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a superb hotel.

Breakfast service is very good. Norman is a great host. I wanted an item that used to be on the menu and they took the time to do it, and just right!

Also great help at the front desk. Ofelia especially is always ready to help and solve any problems we may have.

Thank you!

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for chosing Westin. Norman and Ofelia are certainly two of our best ambassadors and go above and beyond to ensure that our guest are well cared for and happy. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you to our hotel again.