“Delicious, fresh, deceptively simple sushi”
Review of Matsuri

Matsuri
Ranked #159 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Sushi bar run by sons of owner is very friendly and the fish is fresh and lovely.
Families come and are welcomed. Regulars are treated like family. The food is just about as good as fresh sushi can be.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This is a family owned and run restaurant and everything shows it. The chefs are fantastic and the sushi is the best. My grandson (age 7) gobbled down 16 Salmon sushi at one sitting. Just let them give you what is best. But Dynamite is my favorite.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Our daughter found this gem while she was a graduate student at Caltech, and it immediately became our favorite restaurant in Pasadena. Great Japanese food, friendly people, and reasonable prices. We have eaten at a a lot of Japanese restaurants between San Francisco and San Diego, and this is the best.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

The sushi at Matsuri is excellent, the service is knowledgeable, very helpful and friendly. This is one of my favorite sushi restaurants.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I visited this japanese restaurant with some my Friends, We had take 1 boat of sashimi and one dish of mix rolls nagiri with 2 beers at price 90$.
I Think is too expansive.
Is True the quality is better But is impossible pay many money for eat few pieces....