“Love the Baja Trio!”

Ranked #477 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I think the best deal is the Baja Trio which are 3 seafood tacos. The shrimp one is the best of the three! I wish the tortilla chips were complimentary with every purchase. They have a great salsa bar, so why not give the tortilla chips with the meal. If you sign up, they honor your birthday with a free meal. They also celebrate oceans every June with a free recyclable bag. I miss the huge recyclable bags that they used to have.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I was in Pasadena for a week and really wanted to have mexican food. I tried Rubio's and came back 3 times! I loved the shrimp tacos. Next time I am in Pasadena, I will be back for sure :)

Reviewed 14 September 2015

You order at the counter and they bring your meals to you when they are ready at this location. Parking was a little difficult as the parking lot was very full, but the meal made up for it.

I ordered a salad with shrimp on top. It came out of the kitchen fairly quickly. The lettuce was extremely fresh and the salad was very good! The others dining with me ordered some tacos and a burrito. They too liked their meals.

This was my first visit to a Rubio's - I will definitely stop at a Rubio's again for lunch!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

It was my lovely wife and my first fish taco. It is not a 'bad' place, but would not recommend it high on my list.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

On trips out west, I look for my favorite mexican quick food at Rubio's. This location was a success. The food was great, the staff was friendly, and in general the restaurant was clean (it was crowded while we were there, so the staff was pressed to keep the salsa bar cleaned up). It is in a high pedestrian traffic area with convenient street parking and public parking. That made it a nice stop, but it added to the crowd. All good though.