“A Great Dining Experience!”
Review of Parkway Grill

Parkway Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkway Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 31 - USD 80
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: California
Description: Since 1984, Parkway Grill has specialized in a seasonal, market-driven approach to cooking that incorporates diverse influences and classic French technique. Demonstrating the ultimate commitment to fresh produce, the Parkway Grill planted its own organic vegetable and herb garden behind the restaurant. Tiki Salad, Brick-Oven Baked Cambozola Pear Flat Bread, and Whole Ginger Fried Catfish are long-time favorites. The design of the Parkway Grill is a study in casual sophistication, striking a perfect balance between elegance and rustic approachability. The brick walls are adorned with elegant paintings by Millard Sheets and mixologists prepare hand-crafted cocktails at the expansive bar, an original from 1920's Chicago. Parkway's award-winning wine cellar, comprised of upwards of three thousand bottles, includes a broad selection of wines served by the glass.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Parkway Grill is the sibling of the Arroyo Chop House. Like its sister, Parkway boasts a host of crafted cocktails. I chose the old fashioned and was delightfully surprised with a delicious concoction. The caesar salads were among the best of we have tasted. The fresh greens are products of the Grill's on site organic garden. We then moved to the Lake Superior Whitefish, a succulent filet and the rack of lamb. Here is where we disagree. Although the lamb chops were of a good size, two chops do not a rack make! According to Escoffier, a rack of lamb is 6 to 8 French cut chops. Seven in a circle forms a Crown Roast. Please do not call it a rack when there are only 2, regardless of how thick they are. The roasted fresh broccolini was a very appropriate side for this meal. Our server was a delightful Irish woman who was helpful, knowledgeable, and very attentive. She contributed to a great experience, and we thank her.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Parkway Grill is the place for that special romantic occasion, important meeting of potential clients or just have a fabulous meal. The service is excellent and the food sublime. A must stop when in Pasadena!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Dinner with a small group. The service was prompt and efficient. The food was very well prepared and tasty. My wife and I had the fillet and creme brûlée. We were delighted with both. The ambience was perfect for a fine meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We went there with another couple on a Friday night. The wait even though we had reservation was about 20-30 minutes which was not expected. The food and ambiance was great. The service was slow and not that great. I have been there before and the service was better. So I am hoping this was an exception.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Dined here last night for a business dinner. The food was good (not exceptional) but the 1 star is because of my dreadful experience with the valet parking - which is mandatory, right outside the restaurant. Essentially they lost my car remote. They initially asked me if I had the key?? Then they told me that they had lost my key and it was in another customers car ... and that person had gone to a baseball game... could I come back tomorrow??? These guys are unprofessional. kept changing their story. The truth is that they never knew where my key was. My husband had to come at night to deliver my spare key.I was delayed over an hour to go home after finishing my meal. Today after I've been working all day, the owner of the valet company 'Mike' told me he had my keys at the restaurant. I had to call him - nobody from the valet company or Parkway Grill bothered to call me or my assistant. I drove back to Parkway Grill and NO KEY, NO MIKE. They then told me it was in another city, but they could not get hold of the guy with the keys.. it would take another two hours... The guy today was rude and obnoxious. You would think I was to blame for their incompetence. He suggested I call the police - which I did - but they were not able to help either.. suggested I sue them if I don't get my keys back .. very helpful ...... 28 hours after dining here I STILL HAVE NO KEY... meanwhile, someone out there can come and drive my car away.

What have Parkway Grill done to help me as one of their customers? nothing that has helped. The manager on duty has tried to speak to the valet guys, last night and today, but ultimately they are SEPARATE companies and YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

Park at your own risk. The valet company (UNIFIED VALET PARKING INC) DO NOT CARE. Note that they also valet for the Arroyo Chophouse (same owner).

I had a choice of two venues for my dinner, I wished we had gone with the other choice and not Parkway Grill. They clearly don't know how to take care of their customers.

Date of visit: August 2018