“Pineapple Everything!”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 791 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North El Molino Avenue
Transit: Located in front of our restaurant on Colorado Blvd.
Description: Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine and beverage around the world ever since. Join us tonight in Pasadena, CA to discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We came to happy hour at 4pm hoping to be seated on the patio, but no servers were available until 5 o'clock. That was pretty much the only downside, because the service at the bar was prompt and friendly. The prices during happy hour are about half off for select drinks and appetizers. We had mai tais and a Mango Mojito, which were excellent. We also tried the ribs, truffle mac and cheese, and pineapple upside down cake; all delicious. The patio seating here is very charming with tiki torches and a view of Old Town Pasadena.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Roy's is a restaurant which is always highly consistent. I usually pick from one of my three favorites but this time I decided to pick something different. What a fabulous idea. I ordered and my taste buds applauded my choice of the Shellfish Sampler (lobster tail, prawns, scallop with jasmine rice and asparagus) with a presentation as wonderful as the taste. My girlfriend had the always perfect Braised Short Ribs with bok choy and broccolini. Special occasion or just a nice night out as we did this time Roy's always makes it special.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I wanted to love this place. From the outdoor patio to its location near so many places I enjoy going, I was hoping that this would be a great spot. I did not care for the sweet flavor of so many of the dishes and the excessive amount of fried foods. I prefer to eat cleaner and healthier.

1  Thank robin A
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The title says it all. The food, beverages and service were all great really great. It is just very expensive but I guess if you want the good food and service you have to pay for it.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I go here for happy hour before a movie near by. Very good appetizers and good wine.
Sometimes it is difficult to get a seat.