“Great value/good food”

Ranked #160 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

My family stopped in at lunch and loved the food. The lunch menu is very reasonable in price. I had the falafel plate and it was delicious!

1  Thank Gail P

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

This may well be the best Mediterranean restaurant in Pasadena but it mediocre at best. While the lentil soup and kabobs were well cooked the lack of that mid-eastern flavor and spice made me think longingly of my favorite mid-eastern restaurant at home. The kabobs could really have used a garlic dipping sauce and the pita bread should have been served with some olive oil at least. Portions were generous the flavor was lacking.

You have already read about the service so I won't say anything more.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Went to this place with a coworker to try a place we had never been we both are picky about our middle eastern food and this place made us happy. Flavor and portions for lunch were generous. I had lamb kabobs and she had Lula-lamb/beef mix. The hummas was perfect, bread was fresh, rice and cabbage salad were excellent. They were accommodating to swap rice for cabbage salad, grilled veggies or other options. We recommend and plan to return. Only slight complaint was the lamb was a little over cooked. Ambiance is nice. Plenty of space and parking in rear. Order at the counter and they serve the food.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Pasadena is not a great town for Middle Eastern food but it has at least one good place. Their beef kabob is very tasty. You have to go to Westwood to get a meal that tops Sahara's. A very unassuming place.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I ate here tonight for the first time. I have to say the service was pretty bad. I asked for help a few times and was told just a minute only to not have the person come back. But the worst part was when the manager came by I mentioned to him that the service was a problem. His response was frankly nasty and unprofessional. He barked at me that this was not a fast food place, as if I were the type of person who frequented fast food places and just didn't know how to act in a regular restaurant. When I tried to explain to him what I meant he said, "well, 25 years apparently we're doing a good job," and then just walked away. I was appalled. I have never been talked to by a manager like that before. And I have to say, the food was good, but not great. We had lula and I have definitely had more tasty lula, for example at Carousel. In addition, we got there before 7, and were told that they were out of three of their specialty dishes. Amazing. Well, I might have gone back, but I will never go there again after the way I was talked to. this place is just not good enough to take that kind of treatment.

1  Thank WendyS58