“Sumptuous Middle Eastern Food”

Sahara Middle Eastern Cuisine
Ranked #155 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 16 April 2015

This little restaurant offers up absolutely delicious Middle Eastern food. I ordered a dish containing beef kabob, lule kabob and lamb kabob. When it arrived, I was presented with a large, moist, and marvelously seasoned skewer of each which was cooked over mesquite and placed on a nice bed of rice.

We have eaten at several good Middle Eastern restaurants in the Pasadena area, but the food here tops them all. In fact, we unintentionally ran Into a friend who was already seated in the restaurant when we arrived, and she told us that their food is consistently great, which brings her to dine at the Sahara often.

The informal decor is functional but pleasant. The food preparation is visible in the kitchen behind a long counter in the back of the restaurant, and upon completion, the food is simply handed over the counter to the wait staff for serving.

Parking is available in the back of the restaurant, with easy access through a door in the back.

If we had time while in Pasadena on this visit, we would have eaten there again. But now it looks like we will need to put the Sahara near the top of our list for our next visit!

1  Thank Jeff N

Reviewed 4 November 2014

great food and fairly priced. the staff i would guess this is a family business and they were super busy the night we were there and they couldnt have been nicer. kept us updated as things were very hectic. would recommend for sure

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is good food in a clean but un-fussy environment. I got the combo plate with a little of everything, ($12.95) and especially loved the lamb. Even the iced tea was good. This a a gem of restaurant for middle eastern food - great hummus too!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Love Sahara! Everything is good and a pretty good value. Place is popular, so get there early. My favorite is the lule kabob-seasoned ground beef kabob, very good. Tabbouleh and hummus are always tasty and fresh. Reliable quality-eat here!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A friend strongly recommended this place and since I was near by, I decided to give it a try even though it was only as take-out. The food was delicious despite, I didn't get to eat it until more than an hour later and as leftovers the next day.

I ordered the Sahara combo of lula, chicken and beef kebab and the falafel plate. The meats were tasty, but the it's the sides that made for an awesome experience for me. I just need to learn to reheat the pittas at home to make an even better meal.

Certainly hit the spot. I can't wait to go back and have a sit down experience.

Note: "Bar Scene" grade below is not valid. My finger got trigger happy, but I cannot not undo the evaluation, so I gave it a middle mark. I did not order any drinks or know whether they serve alcohol.