“Glad I stopped in”

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 783 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: De Lacey Avenue
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I just wanted a late lite dinner. I ordered smoked salmon and a California roll with a beer. I was pleased to find they have a late night happy hour so my meal did not cost as much. The staff was friendly and the fish was tasty.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

While this is a chain, it benefits from what chains do best, consistency. Great selection that changes from time to time. good drink selection and thoughtful service.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Took my wife there foe her birthday , our daughter suggested to give it a try and we did , I like the food and atmosphere the servers ,and their not pricey !!.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

For me, eating indoors in this restaurant is a no-no. There's a smell of fish that I don't like. But sitting at the patio, open air, and the exhaust from cars etc. mask the odors. The food is ok, but nothing to write home about. It's affordable and good.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Went out for a few drinks on a Friday evening in the popular South Pasadena and ended up at Kabuki. We have been here several times over the years. Given that Pasadena can be rather upscale in terms of prices, we got a table very quickly and service was fun and friendly. 3 of us went for the teriyaki combo meals. I had the chicken teriyaki and tempura combo. Delicious. The meal left us all absolutely stuffed, and the best bit? The check (or bill for non US readers). The prices were excellent. If you fancy it, they have outside seating which is nice on warm evening.