USD 142
USD 81
USD 67
RodewayInn
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

Quality Inn, Near Chico State(Chico)(Great Value!)
USD 123
QualityInn
All reviewspool areasmall porchoffice areathe sliding glass doorcontinental breakfastquiet locationrooms are bigneeded a place to staystay there againstayed here for one nightbed was very comfortablecerealcarpetsink
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Loved this quirky motel in the trees. Room design shows some intelligence as opposed to typical motel chains. Bed was in back of room and bathroom and entry were closest to door so there was no window looking out to the parking lot that you have to keep drapes closed so people don't look in. Why don't motel builders get that? Back of room had sliders opening out to beautiful courtyard. It was too cold to use the chairs out there but I could see coming back in warmer weather and sitting out there with wine. Only negative was we asked if we could leave car parked after checkout to walk on the 5 mile walking/biking trail that goes right behind the motel, accessible through a locked gate, and were told, no, once you check out you have to leave. That was not very hospitable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy P
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I grew up in Paradise and visit annually. This year my father fell ill and I stayed at the Ponderosa multiple times. Each time they were more than accommodating, understanding, and took great care of my kids and I. Older hotel but the private porches, quaint atmosphere and quite surroundings are awesome. Love it here!!!

Room Tip: Party trip-pool room. Quite trip-rooms off to the west away from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The room was clean, bed good, bathroom good, parking good. The outside area is very large and very nice. large grassy areas, very nice. From what I could see, all the rooms are on the ground floor, which is very nice. For us, the internet connection is very important. After disconnecting and re-connecting 4 times in the first 15 minutes, we gave up. The breakfast is below average. We were only there for one Sunday night and I noticed very few cars in the parking areas.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John91354
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Bottom line: I've never had to work so hard NOT to stay at a place that cancelled on me. The whole thing was bizarre and annoying. I won't try to stay there again and I advise others to have backup reservations elsewhere. I almost always leave positive reviews for places but this experience needed to be shared.

Details: I had the strangest experience with this motel and I see I'm not the only one. I booked two rooms confirmed through hotels.com, then got a call the next day telling me I had to cancel the reservation, that they were full for those days. No apology, just telling me it was my job to cancel the reservation. Strangely, they also wanted to know who would be in the rooms. The rooms that I couldn't have. Does that make any sense?

The trip was three weeks out and I had company that night, so I planned to cancel the next day. I got a call the next morning with a voicemail saying that I hadn't cancelled "like I said I would" and they really needed that cancellation ASAP. Weird, but okay. I took care of it. Next day, another call. There were two rooms booked but only one cancellation. I explained that both rooms were booked under a single reservation and that only one cancellation would come through. Why am I explaining this to the motel staff?

Oddest thing... rooms were still listed as available on multiple sites for days afterward. In fact, my sister excitedly emailed me a few days later saying she'd found us a place to stay in Paradise - at Ponderosa Gardens Motel. :) I had to laugh.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We really wanted to go to this hotel. When we booked it, the booking went through expedia. The next day, the hotel called and asked me to cancel using expedia. They said the room is unavailable for the date that I booked.
We are disappointed to miss this trip.
If you book on expedia or other travel site, check with the hotel to see if rooms are really available.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple