See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Visited here on a motorcycle and selected it based on location and value. For the past 15+ years we have visited Paradise on motorcycle trips. We usually stay at another motel. For the past few years we have have seen the rates increase while the services and amenities have decreased. The rate increases have made us reconsider our 4 times a year visits to maybe three. We also had to take death defying sprints across the infamous Skyline dr. to get to eats. I thought I would check out the Lantern Inn with a convenient cafe nearby. Since the motel was not right on Skyway it was an easy entrance and exit. The exterior was clean and well cared for. Nice places for seating in sun or shade. Small pool with shelter on one end. Very friendly check in staff. Staff had a bit of an accent so I sometimes had to have things repeated. Heck my wife says she has to repeat things to me anyway so what else is new? For motorcycle parking it was great. the parking spots (unlike the other place we stayed at in Paradise) were level. The room was not cramped, did not have any "off odors". Flat screen TV worked, coffee pot worked, microwave and reefer I never tried. Great WiFi, seemed fast and never had any drops in service. I didn't look under the bed but assume it was fine since the whole room and bathroom looked spotlessly clean. A bit of light wear on furniture and some fraying on carpet near entrance but the last motel we stayed in town had worse and cost twice as much to stay. Shower was a nice size provided nice water flow. Bed was very comfortable and no noise from the street was noticed. Very pleased with this as a good value. Also of great value was the close proximity to the Cozy Diner. Only had to walk across a dead end street parking lot to get to the eats. No more mad dashes across Skyline Dr. At half the price of our "other" motel, neat clean, friendly staff, good location, and next door to good eats, this will be our place to stay next trip to Paradise.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2015

The price is right! and you are way back from the road so you don't get the road noise like you do from the other older motel on Skyway in Paradise, this one is so much nicer. I have stayed here 3 times and will stay here again......the last time I stayed here was during the Johnny Appleseed Festival and I spent $72.00 a night, very reasonable! Very nice owners, its clean, has a nice little pool, steps away from a nice little restraunt.The beds are all diffrent, so ask for the type you like, and if you have fido with you, ask for a room without carpet! you will love the huge shower!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Our family was moving and needed to stay 2 nights at a motel. We were charged for 3 nights and are still waiting to be refunded 3 business days later. When explained to management that we were overcharged the lady at the desk blamed my husband and said he asked for 2 nights, when I spoke with my husband he even remembered asking if they charged him 2 nights and was told no. Also price was raised $10.00 at time of check in because we had 2 adults and 2 children and front desk said they weren't aware we had 4 people but we were all there when my husband made the reservation and he was very clear about the number of people and that there were 2 children. Rooms were clean but very old and well used and stink like cigarettes. Really not worth $102.34 a night. Quiet location was nice and the cozy diner was within walking distance. Recommend Paradise inn good prices, clean, friendly.

Room Tip: Get everything in writing so things aren't changed at time of check in.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank clifford c
Reviewed 24 May 2015

The Lantern Motel has been a fixture in Paradise for many years and its room designs and appointments show it. However, we have stayed here several times and the rooms have always been clean, quiet, relatively inexpensive, and conducive to a good-night's sleep. A big plus when we stay here is that the property is pet friendly - without having to "break the bank" to get accommodations for both yourself and your pet.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank treborz1
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Have stayed at Lantern Inn on 2 separate occasions. Nice older motel, nothing fancy, but very reasonable for a sleep over. Room was very clean, bathroom clean. Large walk in shower and Excellent water pressure. All ammenities (tv, clock/radio, refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker) all Worked. Wi-Fi available in all rooms. Bed very comfortable with Extra Pillows inside the closet. Staff was friendly & helpful, also was given the AARP discount. Outside the motel the landscaping is very quaint with gazebos and shrubbery adding extra privacy. Pool was clean and inviting. Smoking and non-smoking rooms available. Motel also offers discount at neighboring resturant. Motel sits back off the road, so there was no sound of traffic out on the main road. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple