“2 night stay”

Lantern Motel
Lantern Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Our family was moving and needed to stay 2 nights at a motel. We were charged for 3 nights and are still waiting to be refunded 3 business days later. When explained to management that we were overcharged the lady at the desk blamed my husband and said he asked for 2 nights, when I spoke with my husband he even remembered asking if they charged him 2 nights and was told no. Also price was raised $10.00 at time of check in because we had 2 adults and 2 children and front desk said they weren't aware we had 4 people but we were all there when my husband made the reservation and he was very clear about the number of people and that there were 2 children. Rooms were clean but very old and well used and stink like cigarettes. Really not worth $102.34 a night. Quiet location was nice and the cozy diner was within walking distance. Recommend Paradise inn good prices, clean, friendly.

Room Tip: Get everything in writing so things aren't changed at time of check in.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank clifford c

Reviewed 24 May 2015

The Lantern Motel has been a fixture in Paradise for many years and its room designs and appointments show it. However, we have stayed here several times and the rooms have always been clean, quiet, relatively inexpensive, and conducive to a good-night's sleep. A big plus when we stay here is that the property is pet friendly - without having to "break the bank" to get accommodations for both yourself and your pet.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank treborz1
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Have stayed at Lantern Inn on 2 separate occasions. Nice older motel, nothing fancy, but very reasonable for a sleep over. Room was very clean, bathroom clean. Large walk in shower and Excellent water pressure. All ammenities (tv, clock/radio, refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker) all Worked. Wi-Fi available in all rooms. Bed very comfortable with Extra Pillows inside the closet. Staff was friendly & helpful, also was given the AARP discount. Outside the motel the landscaping is very quaint with gazebos and shrubbery adding extra privacy. Pool was clean and inviting. Smoking and non-smoking rooms available. Motel also offers discount at neighboring resturant. Motel sits back off the road, so there was no sound of traffic out on the main road. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patti B
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently took a trip to Paradise for a family wedding and stayed at the Lantern Motel. We loved it!! The room was clean and it smelled clean. The manager was very helpful and very friendly!! The grounds were very well kept also. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I had stayed in the Lantern Inn a year ago in July 2012 while attending my father's funeral. One of my sisters had stayed there many times before that and had always recommended the place, saying it was nice, clean, friendly, well kept, etc. But when she joined us there last summer, she was as surprised as we were at how run down it was getting. The pool was still functional and clean, and the property nice overall, we enjoyed a family gathering in the pool area after the funeral and were treated with kindness, and it was a very pleasant time. But it also seemed as if things were being "let go" a bit at that time, the rooms a bit dirty, and things looking a bit run down. And the noise between the rooms was very obvious - our last night there a mom had a small child next door and we heard every word as she berated him and he objected to going to bed. We had to turn our TV on loudly in order to drown her out. Even so, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the overall place felt safe. So my rating is based upon that experience.

Since then we've learned that it was up for sale this past Spring (April 2013), which indicates to me perhaps there are new owners. Which makes me wonder if the more recent unhappy reviews were caused by a change of ownership. I'm sorry this is so as the prior owners were very kind to us, but those reviews have caused me to decide on another hotel this time as I head to Paradise to visit my mother again this summer.

Room Tip: Get one of the Queen rooms at the back for more privacy and less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family