“No Frills, Just Good, Inexpensive Authentic Mexican Food”

Taqueria El Grullense J & G
Ranked #101 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I took my kids (ages 11, 9 and 5) there. We got 3 tacos ($1.35 each), 1 wet green burrito ($7.75) and two vegetarian burritos ($5.75 each). Way too much food. My burrito was quite filling. I usually eat my food and help with the kids. Not thus time. Nine year old finished his tacos, but the 11 and 5 year olds could have shared a burrito especially since they are huge and we ate lots of free chips with a free toppings bar (two salsa types, pico de gallo, peppers and onions, etc. The service is order and pick up at the appropriate counter window. They saw me with my three kids and brought my two trays to our table. Nice service for a place that is really all about good, inexpensive food.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My favourite Mexican restaurant outside of Mexico. The interior is cheap and nasty but the food is superb and a bargain. A must visit 9/10

1  Thank Gerry R
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great food with a "locals" flair. While you order and sit at long tables with an open kitchen, the resulting food will please. Will certainly return.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Authentic Mexican, "hole-in-the wall" kind of comfort food. The outside is a pink adobe style building with large black letters, inside has a huge picture menu, a cooler with cokes & Jarritos in ice. I LOVE the overall ambiance! It's all about the food! Which is what it should be :) Perfect place to come after work to relax & eat a great meal. Portions are large & prices are fair. Also there free tortilla chips & a salsa bar. I would definitely recommend! :D

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Listen, this is just a little cafeteria/cantina on El Camino Real. For what it is, it's terrific. The tacos are good, service fast and helpful; I love this sort of place. Overall, you can do better at the right taco truck in Southern California, but given where it is, it's as good as it gets.