“I like Cheesecake factory, but definitely not that one”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #4 of 23 Dessert in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to several Cheesecake factories, and as I always enjoyed everything about my visits there I went to the one in Palo Alto a few times as well.
The dishes are the same as in the other Cheesecake factories, the prices are as well (around 12$ for a starter, 20$ for a main dish, 7$ for a desert, 4$ for a soft drink).
There are a few main reasons I will not go to this Cheesecake Factory again and can't recommend others to do so:
- The Food: While the dishes offered are the same and use the same recipes I found them made less good here, examples: I tried the signature dish Madeira Chicken, the mashed potatoes were COLD (not even lukewarm), and way too little sauce, the chicken was barely warm and very dry - not as I know it from CKF.
- The Drinks: Normally when I buy one of the slightly more expensive Soft Drinks (Homemade Lemonades) which by the way taste just as great here I refill it with Coke Zero or another less sugared drink, which has never been a Problem in other CKF, here it was.
- The Service: Pretty Much everything, the waitresses at one of our visits was friendly, the other two times we had barely friendly waiters. It happened that we didn't get the bread before the meals, despite having asked for it four times - and it eventually arrived together with the main dishes, which is too late. A friend asked for some guacamole for his Burger, they brought him the 12$ Nachos with Guacamole even if that was clearly not what he ordered (and charged him for it).

Finally I want to remark that one of our waiters talked bad about one of his colleagues who we had the time before (and liked way better). And not to forget: one of us was vegetarian, and while the options were Limited anyway the dish he ordered and the first 3 (!) replacements he ordered were all sold out - there was not really anything left.

2/5 is very optimistic and only because location, interior and Cheesecake are good.

1  Thank Philipp B
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Philipp, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your experience. We're so sorry we did not meet your expectations, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you more about this visit. If there is anything else you would like to share with us, please visit our website's Contact Us page. Select “General Questions” from the drop down and allow us a few days to get back to you. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I review a lot of restaurants, and am a foodie. It is not often that I give one star. We came to this restaurant around 10pm, (they were open until midnight). There were not that many people in the restaurant at that time, yet you would have thought our server was slammed with tables. She was not around much, and didn’t check on us very often. In addition to the scant service, our food was just okay. My son and one of our friends ordered the tomato basil penne pasta. Both of their pastas tasted dry and chewy-as if sitting under a heat lamp for a long time. Those dishes were both lukewarm. It definitely did NOT taste freshly made. We waited a long time for our food, and as I said, the restaurant was mostly empty. Two of us had soup, which was brought to us without spoons. When they brought us spoons, my friend’s was a teaspoon! The Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant chain and most of them usually have good food, and better service. I would avoid this location, unless like us, it was the only place open late at night!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Had some good food and a nice Expresso Machiato. Close to some shopping malls with little people around.
Service personnel is very friendly and customers were also quite ok..
Good place

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Guaranteed disappointment! Never fear! You do not have to have high expectations! Moody high school and college aged waiters? Check! Orders screwed up and potentially lukewarm if not cold? Check! Dead flies in the windows? How many can you hold?!?

Years go by and I'm always surprised to see that this place is still standing and the Health Department has not shut it down! You go Glenn Coco!

Truly the cheesecake is amazing and the alcohol will kill all viruses. So that alone makes it a valuable reason to visit.

OH don't forget that loud atmosphere where you can't hear the person screaming next to you! Always a bonus!

I really need someone to explain to me why this place is so amazing because years of trying hard and I have yet to see it--just food poisoning galore, dead flies, health hazards, and extremely impatient customers.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The service is perfect and the food is delicious. I didn't expect such big and tasty portions.
The cheesecake are also very good.
I definitely recommend this restaurant!