“EAT HERE! Delicious and well priced ”

Mediterranean Wraps
Ranked #41 of 386 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent visit to this place & highly recommend to anyone. We ordered the chicken shawarma & the DELUXE falafel wrap (which adds potatoe fries & eggplant) honestly, one of the best wraps I have ever eaten in my life! The falafel was incredible & they have a very beautiful patio out back (you could easily miss it if you don't venture back to the bathroom). A personalized touch I really loved about this place is they have a lot of newspaper ads from when they first open a few decades ago describing how amazing their food was even when they just had four tables (on the wall by the bathroom). Do yourself a favor & EAT HERE!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Not only is it some of the most tasty Mediterranean food you will ever experience, it is also relatively inexpensive and completely authentic in presentation and flavor. The owners are friendly and very responsive to their customers wishes. You can order food to go or sit outdoors in either sidewalk cafe style seating in front or garden style seating in the back or (if you so choose) there is indoor seating, as well, but it is somewhat limited in size. On Cal Ave it is very centrally located to anyplace in Palo Alto, but is also conveniently located both to the Stanford community and a nearby Cal train Good morning Bill, I truly hope this doesn't strike you as out of place or inappropriate---but here I go: I have three sons all of which I am completely proud. Two of them are moving along their chosen paths, both of whom are pursuing their respective passions (one in art & music, the other in history and film studies). It's about our middle son that I am putting these lines before your eyes. His name is Patrick and he is a hard worker. He has worked a variety of jobs here @ Stanford (eg. Kitchen work, work in the gyms, and work @ Stern). All his bosses have always given him rave reviews and guidance. He is currently working off campus @ a market in Menlo Park. He gets 40 hours/week, but our concern is that it is a job with no future to speak of really. Pat is the only one of my sons who has ever shown any interest in trade work. He has accompanied me on many dozens of side jobs. He is actually quite gifted in both plumbing and electrical work and can hold his own with light carpentry skills. Why I have told you all this Bill is that Patrick has already had one sit down interview @ the P.A. Roto-Rooter. He has his second interview coming up on this Monday. Steve has been great about trying to help Pat while you were down in Fl. I was wondering if you could put in a good word for Pat, Bill. I know how much weight it would carry coming from you, Mr. Roto-Rooter. I know Pat would be a dedicated and hard worker and I could always help him if he needed advice or direction---plus I have a plethora of tools Pat could have and use. You see, Bill Stanford has gone off the deep end when it comes to nepotism, so as long as I'm here Patrick would find it difficult to be hired for any position in which I might be his boss or lead, so I thought if Pat could get in with RR he could be getting good experience until I retire when the nepotism issue falls away. Thanks in advance for anything you can do in regards to this issue and if you can't we all understand. Patrick swears he would do a good job give it his all, and always do his best.station,as well. If you go once it is a guarantee that you will be returning in th future!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Always a pleasure and such a value. The service is fantastic and the food is filling and fresh. Tremendous value.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Was in Palo Alto for a few days, spending time with the family. Located this place on California Avenue and in our 10 days stay, we were here at least for 4 meals... wonderful taste of the wraps - both chicken and lamb/beef. The sides and sauces were so tasty.. and capping it with Turkish tea was super..

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

This is a very traditional falafel house although the use of wraps is somewhat unorthodox. The falafels are excellent--crunchy yet soft inside and mix well with other ingredients in various wraps. Counter service was quick. A good option specially when the other California Street restaurants have long waits.