“Don’t be fooled by their great reviews ”

Garden Fresh Chinese Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #67 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Terrible place, not attractive, service - husband & wife team do everything so u can imagine from cooking to serving, the dishes are thrown on your table with just forks, glasses that are dirty because I v a feeling they don’t even have a dishwasher - food is ok not spectacular like people write - on their website it specifies credit cards - when we finished our meal the owner said cash only - we did that even though she lied - that’s to me a place that I would not trust - not w anything - shame on u - if it wasn’t for taking cash from us - I would not write such a terrible review - learn to be honorable like the “Chinese culture “ - stay away ......

1  Thank sandybar

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We had a vegan friend among us hence we ordered take out chinese vegan from Garden Fresh.

Between the 5 of us we ordered:

- brown rice
- wontons
- chicken chow mein
- sweet and sour pork
- crispy duck
- beef broccoli
- tofu delight

Among everything I tried, I only liked the chow mein and beef broccoli but even these two dishes weren't too tasty. Something was definitely off in the taste so I didn't really enjoy dinner :( . We paid a bill of $100 which I think was fine considering we ordered 7 dishes!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

First off it is difficult to find anything delicious that isn't just rice or veggies when you are vegetarian.

Well my girls and I are vegetarian with one of us vegan. The one who is vegan had heard about this place so we decided to go here after work one day.

This was amazing!!

The options are plenty!! They have meat substitutes that actually resemble the meat they are meant to be [coming from my friend who was an omnivore before going vegetarian]. They have wine and beer as well which was a nice touch to our ladies night!

But I cannot emphasize enough how delicious this food was! We kept ordering more and different things!

You should check this place out, even if you are a carnivore, because they offered dishes you just don't see anywhere!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating staff. We arrived right as they were closing after their lunch rush. They allowed is in and for food right out to us. The flavor of the food was robust. Nice, fresh, satisfying food

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is a great vegan option - big menu, all the favorites. Our favorites were the crispy sesame chicken and the eggplant. Portions are moderately sized - no leftovers for our group! The dumplings and spring rolls were also very good. We ordered my mother (raised in Shanghai) the mock Prawns with Walnuts, and hadn't told her it was a vegetarian restaurant, and she enjoyed her meal! She did say the "prawns were bigger, not what I was expecting", but.....

We went with a party of 5 on xmas eve for dinner, so will excuse that they sat us half an hour after our reservation or that the service was intermittent. The place was packed, lots of loud kids; would not go back with an elderly parent! Would definitely go back and give it a try on a quieter evening or for take out.