“Best Vegan/Vegetarian Chinese!”

Ranked #67 of 386 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

First off it is difficult to find anything delicious that isn't just rice or veggies when you are vegetarian.

Well my girls and I are vegetarian with one of us vegan. The one who is vegan had heard about this place so we decided to go here after work one day.

This was amazing!!

The options are plenty!! They have meat substitutes that actually resemble the meat they are meant to be [coming from my friend who was an omnivore before going vegetarian]. They have wine and beer as well which was a nice touch to our ladies night!

But I cannot emphasize enough how delicious this food was! We kept ordering more and different things!

You should check this place out, even if you are a carnivore, because they offered dishes you just don't see anywhere!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating staff. We arrived right as they were closing after their lunch rush. They allowed is in and for food right out to us. The flavor of the food was robust. Nice, fresh, satisfying food

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is a great vegan option - big menu, all the favorites. Our favorites were the crispy sesame chicken and the eggplant. Portions are moderately sized - no leftovers for our group! The dumplings and spring rolls were also very good. We ordered my mother (raised in Shanghai) the mock Prawns with Walnuts, and hadn't told her it was a vegetarian restaurant, and she enjoyed her meal! She did say the "prawns were bigger, not what I was expecting", but.....

We went with a party of 5 on xmas eve for dinner, so will excuse that they sat us half an hour after our reservation or that the service was intermittent. The place was packed, lots of loud kids; would not go back with an elderly parent! Would definitely go back and give it a try on a quieter evening or for take out.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

If you wan't to learn that you don't need to order meat when you're really hungry and craving for the great taste of beef, chicken or duck, you should definitely visit this kitchen! I'll guarantee you won't regret it...

Reviewed 12 May 2016

This simple spot off the beaten track of University Avenue in Palo Alto begins with a warm and community feel. The owner greets each guest with remarkable kindness and gratitude -- a mix of startup young folks and tie wearing lawyers and college students and locals. In fact, the walls are covered with lovely art from the neighborhood one could acquire.

The menu is as rich with familiar options as any Chinese restaurant except, of course, all the dishes are vegan. I defy the most refined palate to tell the difference between their moo shoo vegetarian with a favorite moo shoo pork -- the carrots and cabbage are fresh and cooked bright and crispy, the tofu looks and has the texture of fine meat. It is perfectly spiced. The vegetable dumplings would compete with your favorite pot stickers everywhere. All the dishes presented around me were the same.

It is a quiet restaurant and lovely and will be my regular lunch escape when I visit the Pennisula.

1  Thank Christopher S