Garden Court Hotel
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
USD 335*
USD 319*
  • Breakfast included
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
USD 300*
USD 242*
Dinahs Garden
USD 338*
Westin.com
  • Pool
USD 628*
  • Restaurant
The Zen Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
USD 263*
USD 238*
The Zen Hotel
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
USD 203*
USD 193*
Hotwire.com
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
USD 261*
USD 249*
USD 269*
USD 201*
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
USD 165*
USD 157*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsil fornaiomolton brown toiletriesheart of downtowneuropean feeluniversity avenuemarble bathroomtrufflecoffee and pastriesboutique hotelsmall thingswedding nightbeautiful hotelstreet levelturn down servicefresh fruitevery morninglittle touches
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A HUGE Thank you to the entire staff at the Garden Court Hotel, for always making mine and my Dog Baron visits so pleasant. It’s not easy being away from home as often as I have to be, I always look forward to my stays at The Garden Court Hotel!
A special Thank you to Elizabeth and the ever so sweet Lina, they are so professional, as they are warm and accommodating- they go beyond my expectations and go out of there way to make my visit as wonderful as possible and thank you for taking such excellent care of us!!!!
Thank you!
John O & Baron

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Zachary S, Front Office Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

John and Baron, thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate your loyalty and we always look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We spent only 2 nights here and loved it! Beginning with our initial greeting from the front desk manager, Zachary, until our departure, we were treated like we were special. We arrived apologetically, 2 hours early and asked if we could just leave our bags until check-in time. We were told "No problem. We'll get you into your room right now." As if that weren't enough, we were upgraded to a special suite! How nice!

The entire hotel was brimming with elegance.....from the marble floors to the most minute details, such as the beautiful soap holders in the bathrooms.

The room was beautiful, with a nice side study and balcony. (Unfortunately, it was cold and wet, so we weren't able to take advantage of that.) But the room itself was very nice, as was the bathroom. Fresh fruit was in the room and replaced, as requested. Bathrobes and slippers for the guests, were a nice touch. The bed couldn't have been more comfortable, with a luscious duvet to keep you warm on cold nights. Electronics....easy to use WiFi, and large HD TV's in each room, with access to Premium channels.

Every morning, 6 - 9 am, we were greeted with an impressive assortment of teas and fresh pastries. Didn't have to go far, since each floor had it's own display. The main floor had even more, including small egg quiche's.

The entire staff was very cordial and helpful. Everyone from the front desk, valets, housekeeping, et al, couldn't have been nicer. The one standout was Zachary, who seemed to be all over the property....checking folks in, parking cars, doing whatever needed to be done. But most of all, he called my wife and I by name, every time we saw him. First class.

Didn't care too much for the $25 p. day parking, but am learning that's the going rate for in-city hotels. Also, we were on the east side facing the public parking lot, and were stunned to hear the garbage truck at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning. Not the hotel's fault, but a consideration when selecting your room location.

Even when it came time for checkout, we needed an extension. No problem.....gave us an extra 2 hours.

(Side note.....the owners of the hotel are also major supporters of the arts and other civic needs around Palo Alto.)

Can't wait to return to Palo Alto......and another stay at the Garden Court!

Room Tip: On the 3rd floor, but never heard anyone around us.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Zachary S, Front Office Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guests. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a business trip in the area. The hotel is everything that you’d expect - the rooms are spacious and and decorated very nicely. The staff and the facilities at the hotel were also very good. The restaurant next door is also worth visiting, the food was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, but there’s no doubt the hotel is expensive.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll choose us again when you're in the Palo Alto area next!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This is a mixed bag of a hotel for sure - on the one hand it’s one of the nicest hotels in Palo Alto - on the other, if you get stuck with a courtyard facing view, probably one of the loudest rooms I’ve ever stayed at. I’m writing this review at 10pm as I listen to a party outside, almost as if it’s right outside my window, on a Sunday night. For the amount of money you spend on these rooms you shouldn’t have to deal with noise and I expect them I have better windows and doors. I also don’t suspect this is a one off thing since the front desk knew exactly what I was calling about.

That said, it’s a super nice hotel. Marble bathrooms, turndown service and very comfortable beds. Sadly, TVs in the rooms are tiny and remotes are outdated. Also there is no pool. It’s still the nicest place I’ve stayed in downtown.

TLDR - only stay here if you get a street facing view guaranteed. Also if you’re looking for a good location and don’t mind not having a pool. This far from “resort”, it’s more a super nice boutique hotel. I’m just super disappointed by the noise. Pretty poor that they don’t have windows and doors that block it out.

There are other boutique hotels in the area and I’m excited to try them out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Zachary S, Front Office Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Suetmon,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I’d like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the loudness in your room due to the courtyard noise that night. It’s my understanding that you met with our Revenue & Reservations Manager, Jose, this morning and spoke about the situation, as well as offered some compensation for the inconvenience you experienced. Jose will be reaching out to you again to ensure that we do everything we can to make your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate your loyalty and repeat business, and very much look forward to your next visit with us. We will also notate your account to ensure that you receive a room that faces the street next time!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The room was stylish, yet functional and comfortable. The bed and linens were soft and luxurious. The open courtyard style provided a nice, quiet view from our balcony for afternoon tea. However, it was the little touches that really made this hotel stand out. From the fresh fruit to the locally sourced chocolates and wonderful smelling toiletries, the little details made it unique. All of our encounters with the staff were warm and friendly, they were always willing to provide any recommendations. The convenience of this hotel to the downtown was perfect, all of our favorite places were in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator encounter more traffic and noise.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're all very happy to hear you enjoyed everything during your stay. We hope you'll visit us again in the future!