“Making history -- the wrong kind”

Georgie's Alibi Azul
Ranked #183 of 353 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were three families of parents and elementary school aged children, eleven of us. We
had a variety of dishes, but all agreed on one subject. This was positively, absolutely the worst meal any of us have ever had. This isn't one of the reviews about the service, or being treated respectfully -- the service was incredibly slow but the servers were very nice. But the food? Dumpster diving at the local Ralph's would land you a feast compared to this craphole. The hamburgers were so burnt, you could only taste the grill. Like burnt. The flatbread? The sauce may have been Chef Boyarde but I'm guessing ketchup. The Mac and Cheese -- god know what kind of cheese they used, it was pretty unrecognizable. Basically, no one ate their food. I hate wasting money, so I tried to eat my children's food and nearly choked to death it was so burnt and dry. The only reason we went here is because it wasn't crowded -- now we know why.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here ,sandwiches are excellent and very inexpensive,look out for friendly barman Michael .

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Food was bland. Mac n cheese was mostly cheese. The veggie sandwich was soaked in cooking oil. Food took forever and delivered sporadically. Waitress was nice though, apologized through out visit. You could tell the issue with was the management. So many other restaurants, I would pass on this one.

2  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The night we went the restaurant was very empty. I ordered the almond chicken and my husband ordered the tilapia. We both thought the dishes were bland. I ordered ranch for my sweet potato fries and it was horrible-- most likely from a bottle. I took one taste and that was it, but they charged me 50¢ for it. I heard on the weekends there's a drag show. We sat on the patio in a unique picnic table "swing" that could be rocked as you dined.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Very seldom do we eat at a restaurant that we do not first review on Trip Advisor. We had no idea what to expect at Azul on a sunny warm afternoon in Palm Springs. We sat outside in the swinger seats. The service was marginal, the food was priced OK but underdelivered. Trip Advisor rating is 3.5 and should be lower. Go for the mango lemonade...it was the best. You can do better at home.

1  Thank Terry D