All reviewsthemed roomshappy hourthe silver screen roomstagecoach roomblue martinisshake rattle and rollmarilyn monroe roombaked treatsjames deangourmet breakfastfruit smoothieswhirlpool tubother guestsbed and breakfastevery morningb bsentire place
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife took me as a surprise here and I was so happy she did. The room (rock rattle and roll Elvis) was so amazing. It was so clean and comfortable. We felt so relaxed and spoiled to be there. The staff was the best staff I have ever met. They truly care about their guest and making sure they are happy and comfortable. The food was so yummy and delicious. Everything about the breakfast made it seam like this place really cares. They make you feel like family and we truly didnt want to leave. We cant wait to come back to this amazing place.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Aurilia M, Manager at Palm Springs Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such an amazing review! All of us at the Rendezvous absolutely love what we do, so when our guests are happy, we are happy! We can't wait for you to return and spoil you again!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I thought this place was adorable and enjoyed my stay there very much. We were served a full-size breakfast each morning and were emailed in advance to see if we had any food preferences/allergies, which the staff accomodated. I really enjoyed lounging by the pool during happy hour and enjoying the snacks they provided with it, but the wine selection was pretty bad. I think they could stand to upgrade the quality - it tasted really cheap and I ended up drinking wine that I already had with me. But still, wine poolside or in the hot tub is always great.

I do agree with previous reviews that the hotel needs updating and that there are some improvements that could be made. The shower pressure was weak and there are some strange decorating ideas used in the rooms (the front the of the sink in the bathroom was covered with pieces of plywood that had been painted - why not just let the sinks be freestanding or install normal cabinets?) Note: we were in the Stage Coach room.

The bed was really comfortable and the sheets were too - I would actually consider buying them for myself!

I felt very safe as well, (but I do think they should install an intercom system in the case you lock yourself out without your keys or phone - like I did woops, while loading the car up).

We took advantage of the free bikes and rode around town and that was pretty fun and a nice touch, since it's a bit far of a walk from the main drag.

Overall it's a charming and quirky place to stay, quiet as well, and the no kids rule was a plus for me! A good value for Palm Springs, though I'd like to see some updates.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We're really glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us! We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy our wine selection. We get our wine from local vineyards - local is always best! But perhaps we can try and incorporate more of a selection. The previous guest in the Stagecoach had not reported any issues with the water pressure, so we do appreciate it when we are notified. It's possible our pool man was doing his pool maintenance (adding water to the pool) when you were having a shower. That would explain the weak pressure. We like the idea of the intercom. We will certainly look into that. We hope when you come back and visit us again, you will enjoy your stay even more!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a fun B & B with an excellent view of the mountains in the background. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a cut above the usual bagels at most hotels. The happy hour by the pool each evening was very pleasant as you soak in the hot tub and enjoy the 50s music and ambiance.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Hideaway is a great room!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Aurilia M, Manager at Palm Springs Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we're so happy to hear you enjoyed it! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights. The people are very nice, the breakfast was good, prepared with a lot of effort.
The room was below average. There was a large bathtub in our room, supposedly with a shower but the shower was not functional. I went to request that it be fixed and was told that there was nothing they could do. The rooms desperately need to be updated. I understand that the inn is a period place from the 50's, which could be charming. But when it is not refurbished and updated it seems old. The room had terrible lighting also. I had to use a flashlight during the day to see my clothes in the closet. The bathroom was dark also. Would not stay here again. All I can say is that there is something to be said for the time we live in! We have so much more comfort and things work well.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank cindirelly51965
Palm Springs R, Manager at Palm Springs Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us! Unfortunately, the shower issue was not brought to my attention. If I had known about it, I would definitely have taken care of it for you. Nothing had been reported by the previous guest that there was an issue with the shower, so we were not aware. Thank you, also, for bringing the lighting to my attention. This is something we can certainly fix, and we will see what we can do to make that room a little brighter.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

So many things were wrong. Importantly, it was 50 degrees and raining in Palm Springs and my room (blue surfer) did not have heat. I was told it would be fixed at 4pm, then 530pm. When I came back at 915pm it was not fixed, there was no message, and the night number went straight to voice mail. In the morning, the innkeeper said her phone never rang and asked what room had a problem with HVAC. I left feeling I had been lied to. Breakfast is not available before 830, not even if you ask for a to-go bag the night before. No water pressure for showers (my shower wand leaked). Cute pool floaters and bikes are lipstick, but the underlying motel and service are 2* all the way despite 3* prices. "Speciality cocktail" is a glass of Boone's Farm wine and not offered during the week, despite literature in the room. Innkeeper said she would comp my room, but I prepaid on Expedia, so I know that never happens. They have all my contact info; if she refunds the money I am happy to return here and post that news. Toiletries are full size, so you use the same containers as previous guests (might want to bring you own). Fridge and microwave are on power strip in closet -- see photo -- looks like a fire waiting to happen. On the plus side, it seemed very clean and safe (key operated security door at the entrance for when the motel is not staffed).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Susanne T

We are genuinely very sorry that your stay was not up to standard. With regards to the HVAC, we tried several companies to come and check it the same day, but they let us down. It was remiss of us not to keep you updated. As for your To Go Breakfast, my humble apologies. There was obviously a miscommunication between my assistant innkeeper and I. I did refund you the full amount for your stay, and you should see that on your credit card. We hope you do come back to experience what Palm Springs Rendezvous offers and give us another chance.