1,708 results
All reviewscommunity kitchenpink champagneguest kitchencommon kitchenshared kitchenhot tubdvd libraryfree snacksfully stocked kitchentour of the propertyfresh fruitfire pithome away from homehumming birdsother guestssmall hotelthought of everything
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Larry, Patty, Betty, Jay, Maria and the whole staff are awesome! This is truly a special place, with 1st class treatment! We've stayed twice now and are already planning our next trip. Both rooms we stayed in were fabulous, well appointed with everything needed and then some. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. It is quiet and peaceful and oh so relaxing! The tips on places to eat are spot-on and the location is perfect for any day outings or trips. However, spending the day by the pool meeting guests from all over the world is great fun too.
Can't wait to get back soon!

Room Tip: The townhouse room #6 or room #11 are wonderful locations and both are spacious
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

As soon as I walked into the hotel I knew I'd made the right choice. The grounds were lush, the only noise I could hear were the birds chirping, and Larry and his team made me feel very welcome. In fact, they treated me like an old friend who had visited previously, but it was my first time. My room had everything I needed, and came with a welcome snack basket and a bottle opener - I didn't need more than that! The hotel also provides a kitchen with all cooking amenities, including fresh coffee in the morning. I also borrowed the on-site bikes during my stay and cycled around the nearby neighborhoods enjoying the mid-century modern homes and stunning desert landscape. Larry and Jay shared restaurant recommendations and were always happy to hear about my day. I cant speak more highly about the hotel and the team. I'll definitely be staying there again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We stayed at the Hotel California for 4 nights last week and chose the Hotel California because of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Everything we read was true and better; from the time of entering for checkin and being offered a beer or wine by Jay and the overall friendly family oriented atmosphere. The grounds are clean and lush and you feel you are in a tropical paradise. The rooms are large and extremely clean. The location is terrific,very close to the downtown core. Being a smaller and more intimate location allowed us to meet with other guests and it felt like a small community. The staff is top rate and we will certainly be back to the Hotel California.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Larry and his team are outstanding in letting you know better the area and what to do. Room was comfortable and the shared kitchen is great as you can cook your meals without worrying about spices, sauces, fruits etc... Great advice, bikes on site and lots of help!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

This was a great hotel for us - one week in beautiful Palm Springs. The room was clean and spacious. It had a separate room for the TV and kitchenette. We loved the coffee being ready first thing in the morning, the cleanliness and the location. A big plus - there was a smoking casita - which kept the smokers and the non-smokers both happy!

The pool was like a little calm oasis of sunshine and beautiful plants.

The best was the hospitality. Maria and Larry kept the place spotless, and were very friendly and helpful.

Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Check out the web site for room photos and descriptions.